190 visa..work experience needed? nurse

xxlornaxx

Hi..I am thinking about applying for 190 visa and im reading myself round in circles...I dont need work experience for extra points or for my anmac skills assesment but do I need it for the visa itself?...I do have experience but not 3 years..I've read you dont but on queensland goverment website (the state i want to sponsor me) it says 3 years work experience needed so im confused. Can someone clarify for me please? If I need 3 years then I'll need to apply for 189 n suck up the ielts again and get the extra 0.5 I needed in speaking :( my visa should be straight forward enough but im getting stressed the more I read n go on different websites lol thanks

Each state have their own criteria for sponsorship, so it may be that is one of QLD. I have SS with them , I had over 20 years which wasn't a problem but I know at the time of initially applying I wasn't registered with AHPRA, though I had ANMAC but QLD wanted both, yet some states didn't! You may just have to bite the bullet and resist Ielts. Also initially QLD didn't have Aged Care on shortage list so that delayed me for a little too! All hoops you have to go through I'm afraid but it will be worth it. I'm sure you can email via QLD.gov.au to clarify? I did and then had a contact I kept emailing as things changed! Good luck

Hi try this link http://www.qld.gov.au/contact-us/#form, this is an enquiry form with QLD government, and ask about length of service needed. From what I remember I filled the EOI and ticked for 190! You don't need work sponsor as its the state sponsoring you. To be honest it's a bit blurry now albeit only earlier this year but I think once you've ticked 190 it must goes to the state for consideration, however this is where I realised Aged care had been taken off the list so that's when I emailed via the above link, a woman replied, agreed but for further emails I used her as a contact. In the meantime as i mentioned i then reset the Ielts a couple of time still always failing by 0.5 in one area, but I kept checking the SOL and then Aged Care just reappeared! I then emailed the woman and within 24 hours got the invite! In between this I sorted AHPRA too.

You definitely need one for your current post for ANMAC, then depending if your claiming points for service you need them to cover the years being claimed. I may have even had to give one for state sponsorship. if you pm me your email I will try and find correspondence from the state regarding info required. Obviously they may change over time. The only thing is I'm on my iPad which isn't great at finding old emails, my son has a laptop but is on it at mo so may be tomorrow if you need the info. If anything this process will make you emotionally stronger, it's survival of the emotionally fittest!

Archived