Victims of September 1st 2007

Guest Sirroccoa1

Guest Sirroccoa1

Hi Guys,

My Fiance and I applied for a skilled independent 138 visa 12 months ago and everything was looking really positive. We filled out the application, had our skills assessed and passed, did our police and security checks and pretty much were just waiting to sort medicals.

On the first of September 2007 they removed my Fiance's desired skill from the list. After consultation with our agent We were told that because the skill had been removed, he was sceptical about our application being green lighted and advised us to put it on hold.

He mentioned a few other options (457, student visa etc) we could explore but we are still very confused and our agent is not being very helpful.I did a lot of research in to our agent and all the response has been really positive.

Since then I have been made redundant which has fuelled our desire to leave the UK.

I was hoping some of your wisdom and advice could be stowed upon us as we are 100% serious about coming to Oz and starting a new life. We need help!

Applicants

Female - 30, Biz Man Degree, worked in Oz on 12 month visa, over 9 years Sales and Management experience including Hospitality and Retail.

Male - 35, non degree, father and other close family live in Oz for over 20 years. Over 15 years media experience and over 19 years in Sales, Business Development and Account Management.

We are looking at coming to Oz and hopefully I (male) can secure a 457 sponsored Visa working in media, which will enable my Fiance to either study or get her required minimum in a skilled job.

If this is a pipedream then I would appreciate any suggestions on how we can continue with the process. We received 120 points before they removed the skill from the list.

We are very flexible in terms of where we can live, I will go where the opportunity is even though our preference would be either Melbourne, Brisbane or Adelaide.

I appreciate everyones help with this and really look forward to speaking to people who have either been there and done that or are qualified to offer advice on such matters.

Thank you in advance

Simon & Victoria

Guest Sirroccoa1

Hi Ali,

We were about to send it off and then we got the news, so it is sitting in our agents office and we are really put out!

Si

I always thought that if you'd applied before and changes e.g. before september 1st in your case that they continued with the application. Did you actually send your application off?

Ali

Think your right Ali, as we passed our TRA before the 1st Sept (just) and then applied for our online Visa on the 16/11/07.

The skilled Visa before it was called a 175, I think was a 136 !!

Simon & Victoria, I would seriously speak to your agent and ask what exactly happened and get some independant advice

Good luck

Guest Sirroccoa1

Thanks Kdal,

I have asked a few questions and our agent is only advising that we put our application on hold. We can still lodge the application but he feels that it will get rejected. I want to look at other options

Simon

Simon, Have you got your letter from the TRA saying you passed?

Sorry Simon just re read your thread and you state that your skill is no longer on the skill demand list!! Arr so that is where the problem is. I suppose you could maybe email processing centre (I'm sure someone on here can give you the correct people to ask), and advise them that you have passed your TRA and now notice that you are not on the demand list, and see what they say..

As I say hopefully someone on here can help you

Good luck

Guest Sirroccoa1

Kdal,

My Fiance is the main applicant and she has received confirmation from VETASSESS that she is eligible. I am not the main applicant so I dont have to be evaluated. Too old and no degree, also I don't have a trade. My skill is in media

Yep I can see that too, sorry didnt read your whole thread through

It's time for me to hit the sack and I hope you get some answers to your questions,

Good luck with your application and I shall keep an eye on your thread to see how you are doing!!

Guest peterc

Hi my friend is a migration agent and she believes you have no worries.

Victoria should be the focus, using her occupation (professional management area) plus Simon's father you can apply for a permenant residency. As Simon's father lives in Oz, if he is a permenant resident (20yrs he should be) and the ammount of points Victoria will receive from having a professional career (as long as she has worked for at least 12 of the last 24 months).

Simon will also get permenant residency since he is married to Victoria.

Anyway if you applied before September 1st your application would have been processed using the old rules.

If you want help in sorting this out call my friend Sylvia and she will work something out. She works for No Borders Migration Advocates in Brisbane PH: +61 7 3876 4000.

Good luck!

Guest Sirroccoa1

Hi Peter,

Thanks for asking your friend Sylvia for advice, there are a couple of other issues that I maybe did not make clear. Victoria and I are not married (yet) but we have been a partnership for over 4 years. Victoria has a business degree. Vics has been working as a retail manager for the last 5 years, but due to the changes is now working in Estate Agency to require experience in a required skill.

My Father retired to Australia and has no taxable income, so I believe cant sponsor us. I am 35, and do not have a degree. Vics is 30. I have 15 years experience in media and We are trying to find the easiest and most flexible way of getting to Australia and starting a new life. I have alot of close family who are ready to help with every aspect.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Simon

Hi Simon

Looks like Victoria just has to get the required IELTS pass and get 12 months recent work experience as a Real Estate Agent Salesperson or Property manager. The Retail Manager was never on the Skilled Occupations List so this was always going to be a problem - a basic requirement not met. The father can sponsor to reduce the pass-mark to 100.

Regards

Guest Sirroccoa1

Hi Tony,

Thank you so much for your time yesterday. Following on from our conversation I have a further question. Victoria has already had a working visa for Australia and I have been told that once you have had one you cant get another. Could you shed any light on this for me please as this looks like the route we would like to take.

Again thanks for all your help

Regards

Simon

Archived