Help I'm lost!

Zazuzi

Dear all

I have problem. I'm thinking of migrating to Australia but I'm lost in... well, all the info posted on Forums. I don't know where to begin with. I don't have a job yet but I'm not even sure if that's what I should start with when thinking of moving to Australia. I found in a different forum that first I should begin with looking for the right visa and then for a job. Ok, but shouldn't it be the other way round?

I read I need to find if my occupation is on SOL list. What if it's not? I've been working in publishing sector for about two years and I'm not sure that's enough for applying for a visa as I heard I'd need to have at least 3 years of work experience. Or can anyone tell me under what section publishing is?

Also, is that true that it's better to find a migration agent than doing all the visa paper work by myself?

Oh, forgot to ask - which cities would you recommend to live in?

If you could share some info about it, I mean, what to begin with - I'd appreciate it greatly.

Thanks in advance!

Best,

Zuzi

Dear all

I have problem. I'm thinking of migrating to Australia but I'm lost in... well, all the info posted on Forums. I don't know where to begin with. I don't have a job yet but I'm not even sure if that's what I should start with when thinking of moving to Australia. I found in a different forum that first I should begin with looking for the right visa and then for a job. Ok, but shouldn't it be the other way round?

I read I need to find if my occupation is on SOL list. What if it's not? I've been working in publishing sector for about two years and I'm not sure that's enough for applying for a visa as I heard I'd need to have at least 3 years of work experience. Or can anyone tell me under what section publishing is?

Also, is that true that it's better to find a migration agent than doing all the visa paper work by myself?

Oh, forgot to ask - which cities would you recommend to live in?

If you could share some info about it, I mean, what to begin with - I'd appreciate it greatly.

Thanks in advance!

Best,

Zuzi

No definitely easier to look into the visa first and job later. Most people will find it nigh on impossible to find a job from overseas whereas getting a visa is very doable, if you are in the right occupation of course.

You need to establish if your job is on the SOL or the CSOL. If it is not on either, then it is highly unlikely tat you will be emigrating on the basis of your work. But the CSOL is quite extensive, so check it first and see. If your occupation is on the CSOL but not the SOL then you would need to find sponsorship either from one of the states or from an employer if no state is sponsoring. So them you will have no choice but to look for a job, because there are no other options.