regrets

KIRK AND CO

Now house prices are moving upwards at a pace, do you have regrets not waiting ? if you had no option as it was the only thing you could do at the time then no regrets would be your answer.

Don't really understand why you are asking as you seem to have answered your own question. Anyway I would have thought most people would have no regrets as they have probably accepted that they would get what their house was worth at the time and have moved on and settled down. Are you going now that you will get more for your property?

Not at all, we sold one house in 2008, kept another. Used the money from the house we sold to buy in Australia which we made money on when we sold up and come back. We're living in the house we kept and in a position to buy a better house than the one we sold - in our area prices are still less than we sold for.

AND we got to follow our dreams, so for us it turned out we liked the UK better but no regrets that we gave it a try. Life's not about money for me, you can't take it with you :)

Was told once that the worst thing you can do is live your life with regrets. Decisions are made at the time with the information at hand and they should be lived with. If you always look back you will never be able to look forward.

The words of the Dalai Lama below may answer it:

(Not bashing the religious drum, just recognizing that these are some good words to make you think)

dalailama.jpg

dalailama.jpg

Don't really understand why you are asking as you seem to have answered your own question. Anyway I would have thought most people would have no regrets as they have probably accepted that they would get what their house was worth at the time and have moved on and settled down. Are you going now that you will get more for your property?
never say never but I have invested in a few propertys now,buisiness doing ok plus age is nearly against me. It is funny how things pan out when we started the process we thought 1 year we will be there then as we all know they changed the process due to loop holes (to many cooks). Kids got older found their own mineds, recession hit which help me as my buisiness got stronger, so at he moment I have no complaints with the uk. I think I should say contented for now.

Now house prices are moving upwards at a pace, do you have regrets not waiting ? if you had no option as it was the only thing you could do at the time then no regrets would be your answer.

our house has just been put on market ....and according to the surveyor who done the home report.... house prices are not going up ....they are just selling a bit quicker than the last couple of years (in our area at least ...central Scotland) we would liked to have sold 4.5 yrs ago when we moved over here but it wasn't to be ... but have no regrets as our life in oz far outweighs what we have lost

mrs keily

Archived