309 de-facto partner visa in April and still waiting?

Gooner1976

Yep yep I'm hoping to hear something before Christmas!! Totally agree this part is seriously dragging ahh. With my situation we had to move out early so I'm waiting from Melbourne. Cannot wait to properly settle into OZ life. I've got VF and I'm also constantly checking on here for updates from people. Common London ha

May applicant here as well, eagerly awaiting news and hoping to hear sth before christmas! keep us posted!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello

My hubby sent his 309/100 in on 6 April and we had our approval for the 100 from DP this week (24 October). At 6.5 months this was well ahead of the 8-9 month timeframe we were given so we were very surprised. We didn't hear anything back from our CO other than the initial acknowledgement email and the grant.

Hang in there... hopefully you'll get an early Christmas present.

Edited by ksarah

Does anyone know if there is a requirement to go offshore if visa goes straight to subclass 100? I applied offshore but on the immi website it states: "You may be either in or outside Australia when your Partner (permanent) visa (subclass 100) is granted."

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/partners/partner/309-100/how-to-apply.htm

I am planning a trip to NZ to see friends as need to be offshore by 5th January as a requirement of my 3 month stay condition on my tourist visa but hoping that if the visa is granted within 6-7 months I can avoid having to vacate as it would be through by then. I would rather save my cash to spend on the extraordinarily high rent we are paying!

Hello, yep me too waiting in Melbourne although applied a month behind you. I need to get off the forums and stop watching the lock so much!

Hi BizLarker! Hows it going? How you finding Melbourne? Im enjoying it just dont feel like i can properly settle till this visa is granted! What visa are you on at the moment? Whos your CO? Im always keeping an eye on these forums too!

Does anyone know if there is a requirement to go offshore if visa goes straight to subclass 100? I applied offshore but on the immi website it states: "You may be either in or outside Australia when your Partner (permanent) visa (subclass 100) is granted."

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/partners/partner/309-100/how-to-apply.htm

I am planning a trip to NZ to see friends as need to be offshore by 5th January as a requirement of my 3 month stay condition on my tourist visa but hoping that if the visa is granted within 6-7 months I can avoid having to vacate as it would be through by then. I would rather save my cash to spend on the extraordinarily high rent we are paying!

AFAIK yes, you will be expected to go offshore. The wording is misleading, but they will require you to arrange to go offshore the same as everyone else for 3 working days.

I applied off shore, was marked for a PR visa and CO was expecting me to go offshore had I been in Aus when it was granted.

Edited by Guest

My understanding on that wording (and I did also ask on here and clarify elsewhere) is they are meaning for those on a TR visa that then goes to PR after the 2 years. The TR visa would have been the activated one requiring first entry to Aus to validate etc, the PR is just following on. You can be onshore or offshore when that comes through after being on the TR visa.

Someone else may say different though ;)

Ok great thanks Snifter! I hope my CO is nice and does it while I am out in early Jan.

Newbie121, loving Melbourne. People here friendly and laid back (unless they're behind the wheel of a car) but like you just want to get settled properly! Am touring here and Sydney and hopefully Tasmania on an e676 in the interim.

Wow that wording is misleading. BizLarker i thought the same when i just read it. It's a right arse ache having to do the whole leaving and coming back in etc but its the rules (lools like i may have to do it twice). Wish i was able to wait from the UK would of been sooooo much easier but my family and fiance live here so thats cool. Hey its not like this visa hasn't already cost an arm and a leg anyway whats another few flights hehe

Snifter did you get granted stright to the 100?

Ha ha yes, any equity we made on the house sale in UK is ever decreasing. My early jan trip will be my second and I hope last for a while. Leaving the kids with my partner this time and they're going to miss their mummy heaps so don't want to leave the little critters a second time.

Ok great thanks Snifter! I hope my CO is nice and does it while I am out in early Jan.

Newbie121, loving Melbourne. People here friendly and laid back (unless they're behind the wheel of a car) but like you just want to get settled properly! Am touring here and Sydney and hopefully Tasmania on an e676 in the interim.

Ahhh hope you get your Jan grant fingers crossed. My 3 month tourist visa runs out 5th Dec so ive gotta leave by then too. Yes everyone is soo laid back and it's a great city. Cant wait to properly call it home and get life back to normal.

Ahhhh yess it's definetly been the most expencive experience of my life!! Cant wait to be able to work again so i can pay for all these flights in and offshore! Definetly feels like life is on hold. We're near the end now thought.....last few months then we can call Melbourne home with our families yeeeeay

Hi everyone!

Anybody herd of any more April applicants being granted??

Just a quick question for anyone who is waiting onshore (who applied offshore) or anyone who knows info.

when you got the the end of your 3 month ETA tourist visa allowance. Did you just fly to New Zealand and back? or has anyone Applied for the E600 Tourist visa? It's $335 but you can apply for it from Australia. I guess it's what ever works out cheapest. Or did anyone else do something completely different like apply for a WHV while they waited? Just looking at all options

Thank you

Hi everyone!

Anybody herd of any more April applicants being granted??

Just a quick question for anyone who is waiting onshore (who applied offshore) or anyone who knows info.

when you got the the end of your 3 month ETA tourist visa allowance. Did you just fly to New Zealand and back? or has anyone Applied for the E600 Tourist visa? It's $335 but you can apply for it from Australia. I guess it's what ever works out cheapest. Or did anyone else do something completely different like apply for a WHV while they waited? Just looking at all options

Thank you

Check the small print re the 600. Someone posted about it recently on here and iirc it was regarding applicants not using this visa if they were waiting for a substantiate visa to be granted. Use the forum search to see if you can dig the thread up. I maybe remembering the visa number incorrectly.

Most people tend to go off shore then back in on their current tourist visa.

A WHV can only be applied for off shore iirc. You would have been better to have maybe applied for that from the off (if qualifying for it ) in place of the tourist visa. It costs a small amount and would probably have been cheaper than having to find a flight off shore at the end of the 3 month tourist visa stay . And you'd have been able to work etc till your partner visa was granted and then gone offshore for grant. Alas none of us have crystal balls ;)

Check the small print re the 600. Someone posted about it recently on here and iirc it was regarding applicants not using this visa if they were waiting for a substantiate visa to be granted. Use the forum search to see if you can dig the thread up. I maybe remembering the visa number incorrectly.

Most people tend to go off shore then back in on their current tourist visa.

A WHV can only be applied for off shore iirc. You would have been better to have maybe applied for that from the off (if qualifying for it ) in place of the tourist visa. It costs a small amount and would probably have been cheaper than having to find a flight off shore at the end of the 3 month tourist visa stay . And you'd have been able to work etc till your partner visa was granted and then gone offshore for grant. Alas none of us have crystal balls ;)

ohh poo :( it was a immigration officer that told me about the 600 when i rang up (they seem a bit rubbish over the phone) sorry yeah i had a lil look on here and couldn't find an answer cos i though it sounded too good to be true.

yeah i wish i had gone for the WHV from the off, but our plans changed really suddenly over night and the tourist was the quickest option. Im just shy of my 6 month mark now so i thinking maybe i should fly out and apply for the WHV as it still may be 3 months till grant. At least then I could get on with things.

ahhh I need that crystal ball ;)

Perhaps it wasn't the 600, as I said, I may be remembering or muddling the numbers up.

A WHV often comes through in 24-48 hours (in UK) and longest it takes is about a week.

Hi,

Just to let anyone else know who applied in April i have been granted my Visa today 11th November:biggrin: So just a few days before the 7 month mark. Good Luck to everyone else. Flight booked to Oz 18th of December wohoo

This is awesome news! Do you mind me asking who your co was please?

• 3 weeks later...