309 de-facto partner visa in April and still waiting?

Gooner1976

We haven't heard about it being referred. Judging by other comments in the forum, I figured it might have been. He took a brief medical history with him to the medical, and was also required to submit a urine test (extra £30!). Oh, and a full medical history from his GP was requested by the panel doctor...that resulted in a delay. Although we have not been given any deadlines.

I've been so patient over Christmas and New Year. It's a bit like pregnancy, the last month is the longest!

They will let you know if there is anything they require. If you've not been asked to submit further supporting evidence or documents then I'd take it as they don't need anything else in that respect to help them make a decision. My CO asked me for sons full BC the first time they contacted me and I had something like 49 days to supply the document. Once that was in I never heard anything else so didn't worry.

Medical wise, its usually all done electronically now and so the medical if referred will go elsewhere and your CO isn't the one to ok it. When my medical was referred my CO told me it was about a 3 month wait on a referred medical and not to worry as it would still be within the 8-9 month timeframe they gave at the beginning. CO also said if when it was reviewed they needed anything else from me they would let me know. Next thing I heard was from CO 3 months later with visa grant.

I'd expect your husbands medical to have been referred. If you were able to provide extra stuff from your docs etc about his condition then hopefully they won't ask for any thing further when/if its reviewed. They might not ask anyway but letters from docs etc regarding his medical condition and how it is controlled well etc can't do any harm. I took along a heap of paperwork from my consultant about my medical condition and the panel doc sifted through it all and copied the ones he felt would be wanted/needed. He also told me it was an A rating but to expect it to be referred but he didn't see any real concerns, just that it would get flagged for an actual person to check it over.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We haven't heard about it being referred. Judging by other comments in the forum, I figured it might have been. He took a brief medical history with him to the medical, and was also required to submit a urine test (extra £30!). Oh, and a full medical history from his GP was requested by the panel doctor...that resulted in a delay. Although we have not been given any deadlines.

I've been so patient over Christmas and New Year. It's a bit like pregnancy, the last month is the longest!

Hopefully not long now. Sounds like the medical info was gained so it'll be in the system if the panel doc has had it. You may well not hear a thing about it being referred. That seems to be normal. If it's all on course and within the timeframe they give they probably won't contact unless they need to. If they want more info re medical stuff they will ask.

I'm not the applicant. I emailed about the kids citizenship, no response. OH emails, gets same day response!

Ah, if you are not the applicant that may explain why he hasn't answered.

Sorry if you've already answered this snifter... who was your CO and how long was it before u got a grant?

Yeah ive had hardly any contact with VF i guess thats normal. Really hope i hear around the 8month mark!

I've never given my CO initials on here. I've yet to see anyone mention them in any partner visa thread. I see all the usual suspects CO wise but never mine.

My visa grant was 7 months start to finish, including referred medical at the 3 month mark. I was given the usual 8-9 month timeframe when I applied.

Ah, if you are not the applicant that may explain why he hasn't answered.

yeah, good point. the official communication is done with the applicant, who also provides a case file number in all email communication. I reckon the CO wouldn't respond to my partner should he even email them for some reason during this process.

best of luck!

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Sdavis654
Mine was recieved/lodged by london on the 21st May!

Does anyone else on here have VF?

There is a few on the spreadsheet i noticed

Hi Newbie,

I have VF as my CO too. have you heard any news on your visa? Our date of lodgement is the 13th June so going into the 8th month next week....was hoping to have some news before it turns into the 9th but it seems to have quietened down now :(

Hi Newbie,

I have VF as my CO too. have you heard any news on your visa? Our date of lodgement is the 13th June so going into the 8th month next week....was hoping to have some news before it turns into the 9th but it seems to have quietened down now :(

Hi Sdavis654.....yes my visa was granted exactly 1 day short from the 8 month mark!

Your getting there now.....not long! Good luck

Guest Sdavis654
Hi Sdavis654.....yes my visa was granted exactly 1 day short from the 8 month mark!

Your getting there now.....not long! Good luck

Aw congratulations! thats brilliant news. I would be over the moon if we got the visa in the next few days....all i can do now is keep fingers and toes crossed

Aw congratulations! thats brilliant news. I would be over the moon if we got the visa in the next few days....all i can do now is keep fingers and toes crossed

It would be good wouldn't it but I'm not counting on it as someone on here said yesterday that their CO said they were still finalising May applications. Next week perhaps?! My CO officer works 2 full days a week (spread over 3 days) so hoping that doesn't cause a backlog of work/grants for them,

Guest Sdavis654
It would be good wouldn't it but I'm not counting on it as someone on here said yesterday that their CO said they were still finalising May applications. Next week perhaps?! My CO officer works 2 full days a week (spread over 3 days) so hoping that doesn't cause a backlog of work/grants for them,

Oh no, thats not good news! I'm just keeping fingers and toes crossed for everyone! theres not much else we can really do than sit back and wait for that email to come through