309 de-facto partner visa in April and still waiting?

Gooner1976

Hey everyone!

Now that we are in mid December it's been ace to see a good lot of April applicants getting grants yeeeay and congrats.

Im on the look out to see any May peeps now!!! Has anyone from May had anything yet?? I know we are now hitting 7 months so it could be any time between now and 9 months.

Anyone else checking their email daily?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone!

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas amd a Happy new year.

Its now January yeay well over the 7 month mark. Just wondering if any May applicants have herd anything yet?

Also does anyone have a link to the spreadsheet?

Thank you :-)

Hey, happy new year! I'm mid may and not heard anything yet but hoping to by end of next week... Spreadsheet link is:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Aopvk3Y5mD7HdGp5V2hESFluN3V0QWNBTDg2TWJoLVE

Hope that works!

Hey, happy new year! I'm mid may and not heard anything yet but hoping to by end of next week... Spreadsheet link is:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Aopvk3Y5mD7HdGp5V2hESFluN3V0QWNBTDg2TWJoLVE

Hope that works!

I'm so glad that spreadsheet has been sorted, it was getting a bit messy!

It looks like other applicants with the same CO as us are being granted a few days shy of 8 months......hoping for an email around mid-Jan then!

We're not planning to leave immediately (hoping for May/June). It would just be nice to start putting my plan into action after 18 months of research!

Hope all the May applicants hear something soon x

I'm so glad that spreadsheet has been sorted, it was getting a bit messy!

It looks like other applicants with the same CO as us are being granted a few days shy of 8 months......hoping for an email around mid-Jan then!

We're not planning to leave immediately (hoping for May/June). It would just be nice to start putting my plan into action after 18 months of research!

Hope all the May applicants hear something soon x

Thanks for the ongoing support all. I am literally expecting it any day. anyone else have their email always open while on the laptop or phone?!! gah!! :D

Thanks for the ongoing support all. I am literally expecting it any day. anyone else have their email always open while on the laptop or phone?!! gah!! :D

Yes i second that!! Thank you for the support :-) massive help everyone!

Ive got my email open everyday. Just cant help checking it..gahh. soo close yet so far.

Common MAY

Also thank you for the spreadsheet!

Edited by newbie121
Add my thanks for the spreadsheet link

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum.

I'm a May applicant too, applied in London and waiting it out in Australia on a WHV. :)

Hi Missmontie *waves* where abouts are u waiting In oz? Good move on getting the WHV! wish id done that. Im on a tourist and cant wait to earn some money. Whos your c.o?

Welcome to pomsinoz :-)

Hi Missmontie *waves* where abouts are u waiting In oz? Good move on getting the WHV! wish id done that. Im on a tourist and cant wait to earn some money. Whos your c.o?

Welcome to pomsinoz :-)

Hi Newbie! Thanks

We're in Adelaide - where abouts are you? CO is KP, who is yours?

I managed to get a job on my WHV before we left the UK, but now I'm getting angsty because my 6 months are up in Feb and I haven't heard anything! It seems that there's been a few April's that have been granted, so I thought if I joined some of the luck might rub off on me :laugh:

Ahh Yes me too! My second 3 months on my tourist visa will also be running out soon so Im getting itchy feet.

Yeah I think most Aprill applicants got theirs before Christmas. We're over the 7 month mark now soo I'm hoping to see some more May getting granted in the next few weeks.

I'm in Melbs...love it! My CO is VF.

Can you post on here if you hear anything? (I sadly check everyday *geek* i know)

I know right?!? Where do you plan to go when it's ready? I've been looking at the cost of here, there and everywhere lol

you mean when we have to fly offshore for grant? Last time I flew to Auckland NZ it was roughly $600 return. I'm basically going to go where ever's cheapest. When my CO sends that golden email I imagine I'll want to leave straight away haha. Get the ball rolling as quick as possible! How about you?

you mean when we have to fly offshore for grant? Last time I flew to Auckland NZ it was roughly $600 return. I'm basically going to go where ever's cheapest. When my CO sends that golden email I imagine I'll want to leave straight away haha. Get the ball rolling as quick as possible! How about you?

Yeah, when we have to fly out off shore for grant. You and I will be at the airport leaving on the next flight out with nothing but the clothes on our backs - wherever it is going haha! :jiggy:

I was looking at KL, I found flights with Air Asia for $22 + $200 (and odd taxes) return, but I've been there before and would like to go somewhere I haven't been, NZ is definitely an option.

Helloooo! we've got KP too. When did you apply missmontie? Would be great to know whereabouts in the pile we are ;)

Hi Newbie! Thanks

We're in Adelaide - where abouts are you? CO is KP, who is yours?

I managed to get a job on my WHV before we left the UK, but now I'm getting angsty because my 6 months are up in Feb and I haven't heard anything! It seems that there's been a few April's that have been granted, so I thought if I joined some of the luck might rub off on me :laugh:

Guest Ryan the wizard of oz
Hi. Did anyone lodge a 309 application around April from the UK? It's been 5 months now and I've heard nothing. I was assigned a case officer on 18th April, who phoned me and told me that I had a good application with lots of good evidence and my police and medical checks were OK and sent by end of June. However, when i contacted them to say my current address had changed, i discovered my case officer was on extended leave. I gave my new details and was told this had been passed on to a supervisor. That was mid-July. I then contacted them a week into August to check they had everything they needed and asked if any of this would have delay my application and was told that they have all they need for now and they will be in touch if they need anything else. Since then, I've heard nothing. Do you think I can expect something soon, or am I just being impatient and letting the anxiety get to me? Anyone experienced a similar situation?

Cheers, Craig

Patience is a virtue with any visa application. I just feel that based on what you've explained I hope you used a good company and a MARA agent. "Extended leave" sounds a bit suspect to me but don't panic just speak to whoever is processing your application and ask for their MARA number.

Patience is a virtue with any visa application. I just feel that based on what you've explained I hope you used a good company and a MARA agent. "Extended leave" sounds a bit suspect to me but don't panic just speak to whoever is processing your application and ask for their MARA number.

The OP was enquiring about a partner visa which currently runs at 8-9 months so the timeframe given wasn't a concern. Most don't hear anything or hear very little during the course of their wait.

The extended leave was regarding their CO from what I read. It has been well documented on the forum by others that one of the CO was/is on extended leave and it doesn't appear to have caused people problems that I can recall.

May 20th....at least we'll know how quickly KP gets on with it!

We know to be patient, but we're nervous as my husband (the applicant) is diabetic and had to have a more thorough medical. He did email KP and the reply was 'no further info req, wait your turn'! so hopefully that is CO code for 'everything is ok, I will get to you eventually'!

I applied in May 22nd, what about you?

May 20th....at least we'll know how quickly KP gets on with it!

We know to be patient, but we're nervous as my husband (the applicant) is diabetic and had to have a more thorough medical. He did email KP and the reply was 'no further info req, wait your turn'! so hopefully that is CO code for 'everything is ok, I will get to you eventually'!

I would take that as everything is ok, have you asked out right if his medicals have been cleared?

I would take that as everything is ok, have you asked out right if his medicals have been cleared?

KP doesn't usually answer me! My husband only asked if the medicals had been received and if there was any further info required. I would hope if the visa was not going to be granted we would have been told, rather than making us wait...there's no refund if it's a no!

I have read on other forums that for some visas diabetes is an instant refusal, but for the partner visa it is allowed for compassionate reasons.

KP doesn't usually answer me! My husband only asked if the medicals had been received and if there was any further info required. I would hope if the visa was not going to be granted we would have been told, rather than making us wait...there's no refund if it's a no!

I have read on other forums that for some visas diabetes is an instant refusal, but for the partner visa it is allowed for compassionate reasons.

They will let you know if there is anything they require. If you've not been asked to submit further supporting evidence or documents then I'd take it as they don't need anything else in that respect to help them make a decision. My CO asked me for sons full BC the first time they contacted me and I had something like 49 days to supply the document. Once that was in I never heard anything else so didn't worry.

Medical wise, its usually all done electronically now and so the medical if referred will go elsewhere and your CO isn't the one to ok it. When my medical was referred my CO told me it was about a 3 month wait on a referred medical and not to worry as it would still be within the 8-9 month timeframe they gave at the beginning. CO also said if when it was reviewed they needed anything else from me they would let me know. Next thing I heard was from CO 3 months later with visa grant.

I'd expect your husbands medical to have been referred. If you were able to provide extra stuff from your docs etc about his condition then hopefully they won't ask for any thing further when/if its reviewed. They might not ask anyway but letters from docs etc regarding his medical condition and how it is controlled well etc can't do any harm. I took along a heap of paperwork from my consultant about my medical condition and the panel doc sifted through it all and copied the ones he felt would be wanted/needed. He also told me it was an A rating but to expect it to be referred but he didn't see any real concerns, just that it would get flagged for an actual person to check it over.

Edited by Guest