Help and Advise needed about skilled assessment..

Guest bshootz

Guest bshootz

:shock: :? :? Hi am wondering can anyone help,im a nurse and just sorting out the skilled assessment,so i would be the main applicant ,hubby and two boys on my visa, then found out that the trade my hubby is in ,printing,he can apply to TRA to have his skills assessed, so then we both would have a skilled assessment. What do we do about the visa,then,do we submit both skilled assessments or just go on one,sooooooooooo confused,HELP!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Guest Phil Olsen

Hi bshootz

Only the main applicant needs an assessment UNLESS you need to claim points for both applicants in order to make up your points.

You are a nurse and therefore, at the moment, it may be better for you to apply since Australia is desperatlet short of niurses and they get priority processing.

Which city are you moving to - I have a client in Perth looking for nurses

Phil

Guest bshootz

Hi Phil, thanks for that.Have just got all the required certs,and documents together and now going to get them certified. We really dont know where in Perth at the moment,need to be near a school , have two boys, Jordan ,8, and Luke, 5 and not toooo far for me to travel to work, were are easy really , if you know what i mean :) :!: :D

Hi

I'm a nurse too and applied on my skills. Hubby is electronics engineer but didn't need to do skills assessment as we had enough points to get visa for us and 2 children.

The ANMC will keep your file for a couple of years and at your request send it to whichever board you want to register with. Unlike the UK's NMC which holds the central register for nurses, in Aus, each state has it's own nursing board, so if you want to work in WA you register with them, but if e.g. you move to QLD you would have to register with that board as registration is not transferable.

Ali

Guest bshootz

Thanks for that info, how do you find out how many points you have?, do you have to go thro an agent, trying to avoid them if poss. : :?

Do you just send your skilled assessment to the anmc and go from there,thought i had it all sussed, now starting to doubt myself :shock: :? :? :? :? Thanks again Becky x

Becky,

The ANMC had a website and that should give you info on what you need and an application. Don't be shy in contacting them with queries.

We used the on line assessment on Live in australia which is advertised on this site, to see if we had enough points. We were both 41 when we applied so on the older side and still got enough points to get in.

We didn't use an agent, and you do worry that you've got it all wrong. First thing is to get your skills done, the worst for me was that I qualified pre-diploma and trying to get hold of transcripts was a nightmare. You also have to pay the NMC to confirm your registration with ANMC (about £35 I think). You'll need two references too. You'll need to send off certified copies, anticipate all the copies of everything you'll need, passport pages, certificates, birth.marriage etc., for the skills assessment and the application, it'll save time and money getting them done all at once.

I've gone on a bit.. but if you need anything else - just ask

Guest Phil Olsen

Hi Becky

In Perth, it depends on what you want to do. What type of nurse are you?

The schools are pretty good, and it depends on whether you want to send private or not (its not the same as UK). A private school (ie outside State systemt) can be mid tier or top (cost). The mid tiers can range from $1k to say $4k per annum or at the top end of the range $10 - $15k per annum.

The ranking of schools (high school) are published by TEE results and (I think) these are available on the Education site (although I am not certain).

Areas - depends on what you are looking for. Beaches, Hills, Inland - give me an idea and i will try to assist

Phil

Guest bshootz

:D:D Hi Ali , thanks for the info,and will check out Live in Australia,i'm the same ,pre diploma ,on the application form where it says' type of award',what did you put, not sure, :? .Thanks again for your help and advise, hope everything goes well for you in Aus,have you got a job or will you look for something when you get out there?Beckyx

Hi Phil, i am a general nurse ( dogs body!! :lol: ) and have worked in intensive care for six years, so i would really like to work in the intensive care setting in Aus too. :D

We would like to be near the coast if poss,or within easy travel of the coast,as my hubby and two boys are beach bums really :lol: :lol: :lol: .I think we would send the boys to a state school rather than private.Thanks for your help and advise Becky x

Guest bshootz

:D Hi Ali,have just gone to Live in Australia and done the skilled assessment thingy and have 135 points :D:D Which makes me very happy.Beckyx

Guest Phil Olsen

Hi Becky

I have a client who is looking for nurses. Would you like to send me your details

philipo@imaus.com.au

Also, doesn't surprise me about the points - nurses are like nes teeth here. What is your timing for coming to Australia

Best wishes

Phil

Guest bshootz

:) Hi Phil,havent sent off skilled assessment yet,as waiting for my transcript of training, listening to other folk on this site ,how long things take etc, we thought about early spring next year,but all depends on the speed of things ,of course! :? :? .Beckyx

Guest bshootz

:D:D Thanks Ali,again, i do get myself in a tizz, think i've got it sussed then doubt myself :? :? .

Can you answer another question,please.its regarding the certificates,it says you have to send certified copies of certificate of completion and initial registration are these the same,? :shock: :shock: :shock: Beckyx

I got a hospital certificate when I qualified and an ENB one - so I got both certified and sent them off. If you only got one then just send that, if they need anything else they'll let you know. The NMC were really helpful, you can go on their website and email them (contact us) with any queries.

Ali

Hi Beck :D

Back online hun!

The initial registration is with the NMC the then UKCC.

Hope this helps hun?x

SCoop

x

Guest bshootz

Cheers SCoop , nice to see you're BACK on line.!! :lol: :D Going to see I an today about the references etc...... :shock: See you later Beckyx

Archived