Citizenship Ceremony waiting period

theuniverse

Hi Mate, thanks for your experience sharing and advice all the time.

IDid you get the application approved at the same day when you took test / interview at citizenship office on Aug 8 in city ?

Hello This is my timeline:

Citizenship application date: 8th July (I applied on the day I became eligible)

Citizenship test date: 8th August

Citizenship Approval letter: 18th August (came in the mail today!)

Citizenship Ceremony letter: Waiting,

Lets see how long this takes, how ever my processing was quite speedy and the whole application process seemed very comfortable and easy. Now the real wait begins, id be lucky to get a spot this year! Considering the responses people from city of Canada Bay are giving on this forum. Yikes.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear all,

when you received invitation letter from DIBP or local council , is there any due date to RSVP to advise council or DIBP to attend the ceremony ?

like :Please RSVP ceremony.nsw@immi.gov.au advise to attend and

if you will be bringing any guest"

Will the appointment be cancelled if we can not RSVP by due date ? please share your experience, thank you.

Thanks

Dear all,

when you received invitation letter from DIBP or local council , is there any due date to RSVP to advise council or DIBP to attend the ceremony ?

like :Please RSVP ceremony.nsw@immi.gov.au advise to attend and

if you will be bringing any guest"

Will the appointment be cancelled if we can not RSVP by due date ? please share your experience, thank you.

Yes I do think you should always RSVP if you can or contact them to let them know your reasons for why not so they can work with you.

A lot more than you think goes into the ceremony at the very least your certificates have to be applied for by the council.

my Timeline;

Applied 30th Jun

appointment 28th July

Ceremony 15th Sep

The Ceremony was awesome, everyone was required to dress smartly, the mayor was present to hand out certificates and we were offered champers and a wonderful buffet after. It was a really lovely evening and when I think about the effort the council went to the least I could do was RSVP!!!

Hey guys, Ok so my process has finally ended.

Total time duration from approval of citizenship application to citizenship ceremony date = 5 months and 17 days

Citizenship eligibility date (also date I applied): 8th of July 2014

Citizenship test and approval date : 8th of August 2014

Citizenship Approval letter received : 18th of August 2014

Citizenship Ceremony letter received : 15th of December 2014

Citizenship Ceremony date: 26th of January 2015

I live in the council of City of Canada bay but in my invitation the location of my citizenship ceremony is CABARITA NSW 2137.

Im just glad the process is over. Just posting here to let you guys know of my story and how it went down.

TOTAL PROCESS FROM CITIZENSHIP ELIGIBILITY DATE TO CITIZENSHIP CEREMONY= 6 MONTHS AND 17 DAYS EXACTLY!

hope you guys can get an idea about the possible waiting periods from this post.

Cheers, Happy new year.

• 5 weeks later...
Hey guys, Ok so my process has finally ended.

Total time duration from approval of citizenship application to citizenship ceremony date = 5 months and 17 days

Citizenship eligibility date (also date I applied): 8th of July 2014

Citizenship test and approval date : 8th of August 2014

Citizenship Approval letter received : 18th of August 2014

Citizenship Ceremony letter received : 15th of December 2014

Citizenship Ceremony date: 26th of January 2015

I live in the council of City of Canada bay but in my invitation the location of my citizenship ceremony is CABARITA NSW 2137.

Im just glad the process is over. Just posting here to let you guys know of my story and how it went down.

TOTAL PROCESS FROM CITIZENSHIP ELIGIBILITY DATE TO CITIZENSHIP CEREMONY= 6 MONTHS AND 17 DAYS EXACTLY!

hope you guys can get an idea about the possible waiting periods from this post.

Cheers, Happy new year.

Hi mate, I also live in Canada Bay. I will be eligible to apply for citizenship next year and its kind of urgent. I wonder wether it would make any difference if I move to Sydney by then. I saw on their website they have about 10 different dates in a year.

Thanks in advance

• 2 months later...

The approval letter can take up to a month. You have already received your approval letter.

The next step is to wait for a letter (probably from your local copuncil) inviting you to a ceremony. The timing of this depends on which council area you live in,. Generally the letter comes about a month before the ceremony, and the ceremony will probably be somewhere between 3 and 8 months of your approval letter. There's nothing you can do to speed things up unless there are exceptional circumstances, so just roll with it.