Non destructive testing

Danny842003

Does anyone on here have any experience in this line of work in Australia.

Basically my plan is to leave the military in the UK and emigrate to live with my girlfriend. I have a fairly decent amount of money to spend on resettlement and was wondering if this is a career worth spending the British Tax payers money on :)

Just to add I am currently an engineer but would like to do something a bit different.

Try Amey vectra mate I seem to remember a few lads discussing the same when I was in the mob .I think the rad protection supervisor course from memory its about six or eight weeks could be a angle you could try what with aus being a major producer of uranium.

No scope to expand in your source trade?

There is a shortage of scuba diving instructors in WA. The RN paid for my husband to train up before he came out here. It's a useful backup if the world falls out of the jobs market.

Have you considered applying for a transfer to the Royal Australian Army? I understand they are doing a big UK recruitment drive at the moment (although their HR teams make the UK armed forces look efficient!)

Try Amey vectra mate I seem to remember a few lads discussing the same when I was in the mob .I think the rad protection supervisor course from memory its about six or eight weeks could be a angle you could try what with aus being a major producer of uranium.

No scope to expand in your source trade?

Hi Aryshire to Oz...are you in the industry??

You are just down the coast form us :D

There is a shortage of scuba diving instructors in WA. The RN paid for my husband to train up before he came out here. It's a useful backup if the world falls out of the jobs market.

Have you considered applying for a transfer to the Royal Australian Army? I understand they are doing a big UK recruitment drive at the moment (although their HR teams make the UK armed forces look efficient!)

Very Intersting as my hubby is also a diver :) Although we are heading to the east coast!

Hi Aryshire to Oz...are you in the industry??

You are just down the coast form us :D

No im not I only know this as I looked into myself a few years back if your mans at faslane ask him to chat with medics as they deal with rad protection

I think theres a training ltd in aberdeen do this stuff (ndt) falcon ??? Maybe I think experience is a big thing but its good money I also think you need rope access .....thats what put me off 200 feet up a radio mast etc!! Not for me.

No im not I only know this as I looked into myself a few years back if your mans at faslane ask him to chat with medics as they deal with rad protection

I think theres a training ltd in aberdeen do this stuff (ndt) falcon ??? Maybe I think experience is a big thing but its good money I also think you need rope access .....thats what put me off 200 feet up a radio mast etc!! Not for me.

Thanks for that...he has his ropes level 3 too...so hopefully he wont have any problems!

He is currently off shore with TAQA...has been for a few years now.

Archived