I've Overstayed my WHV by 20 Months, is there any way of getting a De Facto Visa?

GriptapeThumb

I have known a few overstayers but all presented at the airport so were on their way out and not particularly bothered about a ban for a set period of time. I'm not even sure if all got an exclusion period as they were more relaxed at one time. Still a Polish national I know did get a ban for overstaying eight months. He was a blind musician but got a grilling on exit. As I mentioned to him luckily it wasn't Thailand, there he would have to pay a fine for each day he overstayed.

Certainly better to present to them with a ticket out of the country than get caught in the community. Advise would be the way to go.

The best way is to take your girlfriend with you to UK and you guys get married and then when you fill up your forms, don;t lie just tell them that you over stayed, because of your mrs. and you didn;t wanted to leave her, thats why you guys got married. I reckon this will solve your problem. Like others stated here that for temp visas you cant apply for permanent you can at any time. ( To make everything 100 % sure Please go to Immi expert as they will tell you how to start the process in a proper way, so that there are no loop holes in your story) Also be honest with your lawyer as he is the one you can count on.

Cheers.

I have known a few overstayers but all presented at the airport so were on their way out and not particularly bothered about a ban for a set period of time. I'm not even sure if all got an exclusion period as they were more relaxed at one time. Still a Polish national I know did get a ban for overstaying eight months. He was a blind musician but got a grilling on exit. As I mentioned to him luckily it wasn't Thailand, there he would have to pay a fine for each day he overstayed.

Certainly better to present to them with a ticket out of the country than get caught in the community. Advise would be the way to go.

Exclusion periods are imposed by operation of law, not by immigration officers.

There are some jurisdictions in which over stayers stand to receive a caning.

You may get the Visa issued to you, but once you land, Immigration can pull you to one side, cross exam you, then decide to revoke your visa.

Surely once DIAC issues a visa while overseas, they aren't going to turn you away once you land ?

Surely once DIAC issues a visa while overseas, they aren't going to turn you away once you land ?

Don't you watch Border Security? :wink:

Plenty of people turn up with a visa and get sent back. Usually because they've got the wrong type of visa - or Immigration suspect their motives for being here.

Archived