Fire Fighter

David Tierney

Hi guys,

I have been looking over the last year to try and get out to Oz with the family, I have came up against it with regards to my job, I am a Fire Fighter in Glasgow Scotland and i am told that i have to be an Oz national to be able to transfer?? I have been looking on-line and left my details with a company checking your job and visa issues and they have come back saying that i can get in with my job but they are unsure where i would be able to go.......anyone got any ideas as i don't have another trade to fall back on.

Thanks guys,

David.

Hi David,

Not sure about the fire fighting, but just wanted to say hi as I am based on west coast if Scotland too!

Have you been in touch with an Agent?? They will be able to give you an initial free consultation as to your situation.

I think it would be very difficult to transfer with a job such as fire fighter, police etc! Might be better trying to go down 189 visa route and see if you can get a job once there!

Good Luck whatever you decided to do!

Debs

Hi Debbio,

It was an agent i guess that i spoke to in London today, I had filled in details on a website and the guy called me back, According to him i can transfer but from the stuff i have looked into you cant, just worried its a honey trap for cash??

Dont know what a 189 visa is so will have to go look into it, are you going out to Oz??

Hi Debbio,

It was an agent i guess that i spoke to in London today, I had filled in details on a website and the guy called me back, According to him i can transfer but from the stuff i have looked into you cant, just worried its a honey trap for cash??

Dont know what a 189 visa is so will have to go look into it, are you going out to Oz??

Hi David,

No we are still on west coast...heading out in about 6 weeks :D

If you want I can PM you details of the agent we used? There is no way they will let you go through the process if its just to make money! There were fab with us from beginning to end and will be very honest with you up front if your chances are slim!

Debs

Ian Harrop merged with another company and is now Overseas Emigration.

our experience with Ian Harrop was wonderful, we were on their books when the merger happened, it was handled very smoothly.

our case was handled by the same staff as before the merger, with the exception of the skills assessment which was handled in a very professional manner from Scotland. As the Skills is all a paperwork exercise, it made no difference to the service.

we have been in touch with Jenny since, due to my woeful admin, and even after the job is done, she is still helpful and courteous. all in all....

highly recommended :)

I'm ex Strathclyde my self well ex Scottish Fire Service for about 2 months before I came out here to Perth in June and the problem here is the Career Fire Service as they call it is relatively tiny compared to UK fire and rescue levels of manning , they simply don't need to recruit , they have all the fire fighters they need and almost no management above Station Commander it's a very paired down system .

What role do you have ?

• 1 year later...

Archived