Medicare worries

sparrow9999

hi guys

slightly worrying my self stupid over this one.

i have been getting hip pain on my right side now for a few months its there all the time its made worse after i do any exercise i.e walking

i have polycycstic ovaries and after see all these things on tv lately about ovarian cancer it is now playing on my mind but im worried to go the docs because of the cost it could end up costing us we are going back to the UK march next year and i don't know if to wait till then to get it looked at or get it done now

sparrow

Why ovarian cancer? It doesn't sound like one of the classic symptoms.

I think it is highly unlikely to be something serious like that. Get yourself to the doctor to put your mind at rest. In the very unlikely event it is something a bit serious, the sooner it is looked at the better surely?

I had pain in my hip for ages. Got really bad and was a struggle to walk by the time I went to the doctors. Turned out to be a back problem. Doctor gave me some super strong anti inflammatories and sent me to the physio. A couple of physio sessions later and no more pain.

I agree with the others. You should go see the GP. Chances are it's nothing serious but if it is you need it sorting now. And there is no reason why it should cost much, if anything, if you opt to be seen in the public system.

I think its probably your shoes and the way you walk, I had a pain for quite a while and went to the physio and it was because my foot was rolling in and he taught me to walk differently pain disappear As a doc told me unfortunately by the time people know they have ovarian its often advanced. If you are worried get an ultrasound never mind the expense.

Archived