EOI and IETLS

Missy

Hi all I sat my IETLS in February and my results were listening 8.5, reading 9.0, writing 7.5 and speaking 8.5 therefore giving me an overall score of 8.5. However when I was applying for my EOI my overall score is coming up as 7.5. How does this work? Is it solely based on my writing score as on my certificate it states overall band score 8.5 and a score of 7.5 gives me 10 less points for my visa. Many thanks for any replies as this is really confusing me x

Yes, because you've a 7.5 in writing and therefore you cannot get a 8.5 in your visa application. You need at least a 8 in every section of IELTS to get 8.5 as an overall score. Your IELTS cert overall result is not of interest for DIAC. When you read the booklet for your visa it's well explained how IELTS count towards your visa application (each and every section must be a 8 to get points of result 8)

I've sat and not passed twice after getting 6.5 for writing both tines(need 7). Booked up again but can see this being a pain in the backside. It's unfair I think as after getting 9's and 8.5's for the other sections both times, and being born and bred British it seems a bit harsh to have to keep taking. If they could explain what I'm doing wrong as well would help!! Good luck with your visa

60 points is all you need??? For what??? Are u sure??? I have 60, thought u have to do my ielts anyway???? Can anyone advise me on this???

im a 33yeat old carpenter, have passed first stage vettassess etc. have work experience needed. If I don't need ielts then I've been wasting time and money!!!

Yes CowlingAFC you only need 60 points and you do not need to take the IELTS if you do not need extra points as they class a native british person with british passport as an equivalent to the score of 6 (0 points offered) - I hope you haven't wasted too much money and at least now you won't need to resist it if you have 60 points without the IELTS pass.

Do you have the 60 points with or without your IELTS results? Anyhow, to qualify for both (189 and 190 you need 60 points) However, if you have 55 , you can still apply for a Subclass 190 (state sponsored) since the sponsorship counts for 5, so you'd have the 60 points.

We had 55 (50 alone plus 5 with the state sponsorship grant) so needed to take the IELTS which gave us an extra 20 points. This is for certain and now we are happy PR visa holders :-)

Archived