getting a medical done before CO request

kbounds

Hi,

was wondering if someone could advise me on this? i want to book meds before kids go back to school and before CO request....they have just had nearly 6 weeks off and don't want to take them out of school if i can help it. our agent has advised us to wait, saying that CO could request we get them done again as they only last two months. we submitted our 190 visa 21/08/2013.

any help greatly appreciated.....:)

You are generally given twelve months from the date of your medicals or police checks (whichever has the oldest date) to validate your visas, by getting them stamped at arrivals in Australia. So unless you are planning to drop everything and fly to Australia the moment your visa is granted (in which case what does it matter taking the kids out of school for a day?) having the medicals done early limits the time you have to sort everythign else out.

we are planning on going straight away so i just thought if we got them done now it would save some time! i just wondered if it is an issue with immi if you do them before request

Am not 100% but I think you need a reference number from the CO these days so that the panel doctor can upload and link your results to your visa application.

There is no issue with DIAC by doing them now. Many people front load their medicals, personally I think it's best to wait for CO to request them as you have your CO details to be able to contact them

if you need. By front loading often CO will not be in touch and your in limbo not knowing who to contact regarding progress on your application. If your planning on leaving straight away - a day out of school not going to make a difference?? As will be in different school year once get to Australia.

You can do it. Call the clinic and give them your TRN number, see if they can find it in the online system. If not, you`ll need to contact your CO to activate the link. Medicals should be valid for 12 months, I `ve never heard of the 2-months????? Beware, in case your visa doesn`t come through within the year you`ll most probably need to repeat it and pay again to have them done ( I`m in this situation now - long story :confused:)

• 4 weeks later...

finally had medical results uploaded today as doctor wasn't back in clinic until today. when my childrens were uploaded, it said no health examinations needed for this person etc. but mine still says organize health checks and when i click on it it has the option to print information sheet- when i click on that, it has the emedical referral with my photo on and it says all the examinations are complete and this was submitted today.......do you think i need to wait 24 hours to see it change? by the time i got home from clinic last week ( 2 hours travelling) my childrens had already changed to what i stated above. does it mean something was wrong with mine etc?

No the status of the children is changed virtually immediately, but the adults take longer (generally until the blood tests and chect x-rays are cleared). The CO generally waits until all the information is in before changing it. Our CO did not bother changing ours. We suddenly saw our status was changed to "visa granted" and it was only then that the status of our medicals was updated. It happened about 10 days after our medicals actually took place. It was the longest 10 days of our lives (and the first time I had not bothered to check the system when I got up). I got a call at 9am from our migration agent giving me the good news and she was amazed I had not checked.

Can anyone tell me if a medical for 189 PR visa is the same as a medical for 457 sponsored visa?

I have found a sponsor but I'm going to start the process of my PR once I have my Ielts results.

I just thought if I do the medical for a 189 then can this be accepted on 457?

Or is there no difference?

No the status of the children is changed virtually immediately, but the adults take longer (generally until the blood tests and chect x-rays are cleared). The CO generally waits until all the information is in before changing it. Our CO did not bother changing ours. We suddenly saw our status was changed to "visa granted" and it was only then that the status of our medicals was updated. It happened about 10 days after our medicals actually took place. It was the longest 10 days of our lives (and the first time I had not bothered to check the system when I got up). I got a call at 9am from our migration agent giving me the good news and she was amazed I had not checked.

thanks for this reply, it has made me feel better :) i rang clinic today and they said we were all graded an A so that's good to know :) we haven't got a CO yet so may not hear/see anything for awhile yet :( did you do 190 visa? well done on your grant :)

thanks for this reply, it has made me feel better :) i rang clinic today and they said we were all graded an A so that's good to know :) we haven't got a CO yet so may not hear/see anything for awhile yet :( did you do 190 visa? well done on your grant :)

No, we went through the system last year and got a 176 ( State Sponsored) which no longer exists. However, the medical system has not changed!

I am sure you will get a CO soon, but be prepared for nothing to change as far as your medical status goes, until you have a CO.

well hubby hasn't had his medical yet (he is already in Perth and is having his med next thursday over there) our 5 week deadline for allocation is up next wednesday but because we haven't already got a CO, i was wondering if the medical status changes at all when we do have a CO....but then I am only assuming that no one is currently looking at our application :) perhaps someone is but i just don't know

Archived