so how much to get over to Australia these days???

wishfulthinking

Just curious on how much it costs to get over to oz these days. If you didn't go with a migration company and did it all yourselves how much would the process be roughly. for:- Ilets, medicals, police checks, visa, etc etc etc??

We paid for the process in 2005 roughly about 2,000 GBP. (Not including migration companies, container, flights)

natalie

Costing us Alot more than £2k and doing it alone.

Ielts-£130

Skillsassesment £550

visa (189) now over £4k for my family, 2 adults and 2 kids.

medicals not sure yet but around £300 each adult, £150 per child?

Police checks-again not done yet but I'm thinking around £100

Then we have flights, shipping some boxes over and then setting up money!

This better work out for us lol!

Costing us Alot more than £2k and doing it alone.

Ielts-£130

Skillsassesment £550

visa (189) now over £4k for my family, 2 adults and 2 kids.

medicals not sure yet but around £300 each adult, £150 per child?

Police checks-again not done yet but I'm thinking around £100

Then we have flights, shipping some boxes over and then setting up money!

This better work out for us lol!

Going on a spouses visa- costs so far

visa £2000

medicals £270 for me £90 per child

police checks for me and hubby £70

flights £3000

then we havevabout £10k to see us through.

Wow!! That has gone up in price. Didn't realise how much it had actually gone up by. Well good luck on the process Kel87, hope you enjoy your new life downunder. Where abouts are you heading to?

Think I've considered every state lately! All down to nursing jobs although Adelaide is definitely top of our list even if the job situation isn't looking too great :confused:

Thanks for the well wishes.

i just can't believe the prices tbh. We went on a subclass 136 visa, not too sure if they do those now.

Can't really remember the breakdown now but all in all with the migration agent fees as well it came to about 3,000GBP.

Yeah,PR 136,thats the one i got,Concept,was £1300 i think(a cpl,then lol!),meds £500,police checks £80(£40 each),TRA $300,visa $900/1,000 i think,long time ago:wacko:

Much cheaper and easier than it is for prospective migrants now,even tho at the time the visa process still stressed me,as i hate paperwork! looking at the way things are now,i suppose i had it easy really

We did it ourselves in 2009 and cost £3k with no agent.

We did have a false start with an agent that has recently gone bust and that cost us a further £1k, although I don't tend to include it in my total as they didn't actually do anything except give us incorrect information and get things wrong until we sacked them.

Archived