TR 485 and Spouse visa Help !

adityaa

Hi,

This is my story , i graduated with 2 years study and have all required documentation to lodge 485 visa. I got married to a girl(International Student) in Australia and she is currently on her student visa.

Now that we are married she wants to cancel her student visa. So i want to apply her as part of my 485 visa. I am aware that she will be granted Bridging visa E.

My question is , as a Main Applicant will i also be granted BVE or will be as usual a BVA?

Thanks

Aditya

Guest MigrateAustralia

Hello Aditya,

If your wife is included on the 485 application, then she will be granted a BVA when the application is lodged. Student visas can only be cancelled if there are grounds for cancellation, but if she doesn't attend classes, then there is a risk that the visa will be cancelled. Your BVA will remain and she will need to apply for a BVE to remain in Australia but you should understand that there is no guarantee that the BVE will be granted.

All the best to you both.

• 1 month later...

I had emails to say I had applied for a visa, and had been issued bridging visa a within hours of online.

I would be phoning immigration to make sure, as from what you described your partner should not be on bridging visa a. This only kicks in if a visa expires, not if it is cancelled (although it would have been issued before she cancelled her student visa, but would only start from the student visa expiry date). There have been a few people on this site left with no visa through similar and it causes all sorts of problems.

• 2 months later...