Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags '485 visa'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Temporary Visas
    • Business Skills Visas
    • Business Sponsored
    • Working Holiday Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Money Transfer: Ask Moneycorp
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help


There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 6 results

  1. lfs

    Visa 485

    Hi all, I just finished my diploma of Software Development in a TAFE institute and I would like to apply for the visa 485. Facts to be consider: # I've been studying in Australia for 2 years; # I have over 5 years work experience outside Australia; # Work experience as web developer in Australia; My question is, do am I eligible to apply for this visa type? I appreciate any help/advice related to this topic. Kind regards, LFS
  2. Hi everyone, I wonder if anyone have the similar situation and might help me out. I have a metallurgy and material engineer bachelor degree in my home country. Having work experience as a valuer, i would love to have master degree in valuation to know more about my profession as well as to push my luck about finding a valuation related job after my graduation. I need to work for a qualified valuer for 2 years working experience and after than i can apply to Api to gain registration, what i am confused about is vetassess skills assessment criteria which is: Qualification/s assessed at Australian Bachelor Degree or higher degree with a highly relevent field of study and at least one year of post-qualification highly relevent employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years. Let's say that i worked for a qualified valuer for 2 years on 485 visa and then how i will be able to gain "at least one year of post-qualification highly relevent employment at an appropriate skill level completed" when 485 visa would have been expired(during 2 years), to get positive skill assessment from vetassess and then claim for points Master degree for skilled migration? Any expert advice would also be appreciated!
  3. Hello, I would like to ask if i am eligible to apply the visa "Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485)". Currently, I am on student visa and my student visa exp on SEP 2014. Below are my details. · 1 year Diploma of business in PIBT (ecu) · 2 years Bachelor of business major in Human Resource Management and International Business in ECU · 2 years of experience in hungry jack’s as a manager · IELTS score of 6 each. · First student visa of Australia was granted on 2008. HRM IS NOT IN SOL LIST. Can I apply for Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) ? Thanks in advance, Kind Regards, YASH
  4. adityaa

    TR 485 and Spouse visa Help !

    Hi, This is my story , i graduated with 2 years study and have all required documentation to lodge 485 visa. I got married to a girl(International Student) in Australia and she is currently on her student visa. Now that we are married she wants to cancel her student visa. So i want to apply her as part of my 485 visa. I am aware that she will be granted Bridging visa E. My question is , as a Main Applicant will i also be granted BVE or will be as usual a BVA? Thanks Aditya
  5. Guest

    Vetasses assessment

    Hi ......i completed my Bachelor of Arts degree majoring in Sociology and Public policy and a graduate diploma in Journalism , media and communications. Please guide me which occupation i should choose for my assessment to get positive assessment for 485 Visa ? I am planning to choose Journalist and other writers Nec Please guide me ...Following is the list i can choose occupation from http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/transitional/_pdf/sol-twoabc.pdf Both my Bachelors degree and graduate diploma is from Australian University.
  6. Guest

    Graduate 485 to PR

    Hello experts, there is a word around that these days if I apply for PR as anything but employer/state sponsored applicant, i will have to wait like 3 years for it. Do you know about the option of converting the skilled graduate 485 visa to PR? is that one quicker? Any insights or shared RECENT experience would be greatly appreciated.