Statutory declarationf or visa?

Kezzles

please please someone advise me if you can!!

I need to prove 8 out of past 10 years that my experience is relevant as I need max points. An old manager who still works for the employer i need evidence can give me a reference on headed paper (he is really high up in the this govt dept) but I want to back it up with a stat dec as I dont have a job descrition for that time or original contract of employment. (It was civil service and they wont provide this as i left in 2008) I have a P60 plus a pension statement plus a generic reference from them to say i was employed from (date)and to..(date)

will this be enough for DIAC? Its for 2003-2008 period I dont want to get to that stage and get knocked back because of this. I have just got my IELTS and was hoping I could get max points (20) but just missed out on the listensing so can only claim 10 points. Overall I hope with the expereince i have 55+5 for SS.

Help any information would put my mind ar rest!

thanks

Kez

I have a similiar situation!! I have an original contract of employment and a reference confirming job title plus start and finish date, but the companys policy is only to provide that -- will I need to submit a statutory declation as well?? I know the company won't give meanything else as they are a family run business and awkward b*****s! Will the CO accept the papers I do have with a statutory declaration??

Thanks Carmel

Yes it is fine to supplement "standard" reference with a statutory declaration describing job duties. Make sure you use the UK format if you are going to a notary in the UK.

If I can work out how to attach a file I can attach a stat declaration template.

Yes it is fine to supplement "standard" reference with a statutory declaration describing job duties. Make sure you use the UK format if you are going to a notary in the UK.

If I can work out how to attach a file I can attach a stat declaration template.

thanks Rupert that would be helpful!

I had to do a statutory declaration for an old job where I was no longer in contact with anyone and my then current job as I didn't want to make my boss aware of my plans to leave. If you PM me your email address I will send it to you, this was as an accountant but will give an idea at least even if your profession is completely different.

I had to do a statutory declaration for an old job where I was no longer in contact with anyone and my then current job as I didn't want to make my boss aware of my plans to leave. If you PM me your email address I will send it to you, this was as an accountant but will give an idea at least even if your profession is completely different.

Thanks Graham I've just PM'd you!!

• 3 weeks later...

Having another wobble!!

i can prove 6.1 years experience with pay slips, references basic one just confirming I worked there job title hours and salary etc plus another one (ex boss not on official paper but backed up with contract job spec and pay slips) 2008-12

another ref on official paper from old boss and pension statements. 2003/5 (govt dept)

the other 3 years in the middle I only have a stat dec, pension statement (as above-civil service) and maybe bank statement if first direct go back to 2005-8? (Same govt dept)

Current employer all sorted 2012-now

Will the CO accept this? I need full 8 years to claim max points...

Sorry but I'm so nervous that if I get that far and then fail because co won't accept the role that I can't get a reference for due to lost contact with boss and govt dept won't provide as its not their policy!

PI can do a stat dec for this too.

Thanks for your patience

kez

Hi Kezzles

I had similar problem as although I had prof references and Hr statements CO wanted more evidence! However you can contact the National Insurance office and they will provide your full working history (free). I scanned the year end statements and that was enough to finally get my visa. The number I rand was 0300 200 3500 and they said I had to put in writing and send to

Employment History

Records Retrieval Service

HMRC

NICEO

Benton Park View

Newcastle

NE98 1zz

Im from Sunderland so not sure if thats a national or local office but if you ring the number they will confirm where to send. It did take about 3 weeks from them receiving to sending info but it satisfied my CO. I also emailed CO requesting extension stating expected time line and was no probs. You could also request old bank statements for the years you need to prove, LLoyds gave me 3 years worth for £10 though I had forgot I had changed banks during this time! Its just to show a regular wage going in.

Good luck

Thank you Nic! The employer I need evidence for is in fact HMRC!! I've just emailed friend who still works there she is going to speak to my old head of department to see if she will write a ref for me so fingers x'd. Ill also call that number above thanks!

Archived