Roo spotting on the Gold Coast

dferri2000

So my brother is coming over to visit and never having been to Australia before he's keen to see some Kangaroos in the wild (well not in a zoo). Living on the Gold Coast I see them around sporadically in 1s or 2s but can anyone recommend a spot on the GC where we're 'likely' to see them whenever we decide?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The trick is go out Dawn or Dusk as this is when they are most active. Try around the back of Mudgeeraba or out towards Canungra as they are always in the fields around there. If you have a drive out to Tamborine or Oreillys rain forest,drive another 10 mins or so to Mundoolun Estate, they are always in the fields there, its a dead cert.

Cal x

Guest The Ropey HOFF

When we were in Perth we had a round of golf at the Rockingham course which was great, but as we were teeing off on the first tee there was a family of kangaroos at the side of the tee, little Joey was popping his head out of the pouch, it was fantastic. They were dotted all over the course.

We have quite a lot around us and sadly we see quite a lot of Roadkillon a couple of the highly used local roads, when we first arrived i used to tell my daughter they were 'sleeping' ,of course now she is bigger she knows the truth .

Today we have got up and our 'pet' Possom is dead in the road outside our house. There was a family of 4 living in one of our trees and this is the 3rd to 'meet his maker' over the last 6 months. Im not sure how this one died as when i went to move him to the side there was no signs of any car trauma,, still sad at 6.30 am in the morning, especially for my daughter and her friend.

Cal x

When we were in Perth we had a round of golf at the Rockingham course which was great, but as we were teeing off on the first tee there was a family of kangaroos at the side of the tee, little Joey was popping his head out of the pouch, it was fantastic. They were dotted all over the course.

Love seeing them at the golf course. Get them all over at Gailes golf course in Brisbane makes it one of my fave courses.

We used to see a lot when we lived in Coombabah, not far from you. Near the AWL off Brisbane Road, there are often some knocking about. On the other side, on Rain Tree Glen, off Pine Ridge Road, there is a long road that leads past a little airfield strip up to a water treatment place; we've often seen little gangs in that area. Lakeside Country Club on Brisbane Road has a golf course that has a few kangaroos knocking about if you play.

We see the odd few about on Pacific Pines on occasion, they are awesome.

Love seeing them at the golf course. Get them all over at Gailes golf course in Brisbane makes it one of my fave courses.

Debbie, Mike here. I know of at least 3 mobs of wild roo's less than 1 km from where you live on Hope Island.

1) Opposite Marina Keys tavern, bit of bush/parkland which a large mound of soil has just been dumped on.

2) Next to Hope Island marina, near the Cova development.

3) In Saltwater park, next to Hope Island resort.

There's also a few in Sanctuary cove. We see them in one or more of the above places every day, either around 7AM or 5PM. Each mob is 3-4 adults and 7-8 joeys.

Hope this helps!

Mike

Guest Ptp113

They just finished the annual cull, but only 1,200 odd. really needed to be 12,000 or more to have made a difference. They really are an awful pest and causing mayhem on local roads.

Archived