2 more interest rate cuts this year?

Thought this might be of interest.

NAB have forecast that there will be 2 further rate cuts this year, one at the next meeting (this is on Tuesday next week) and a further cut later in the year, if correct this will bring the cash rate down to 2.25%

They also go on to say that there is a real possibility of further cuts in 2014 which will take the cash rate below 2.25%, the full article can be read here http://business.nab.com.au/wp-conten...ll-07-2013.pdf

This of course is good news (if it happens) for mortgage borrowers especially those on variable rates.

It could also be good news for people with GBP as the Aussie dollar would likely be impacted and weaken further.

Not so good for people with high weightings of their assets in cash though.

1.70 yyyyyyyyyyyyyyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiipppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ki yah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do feel a bit sorry for those that cash out at 1.45. But what can you do. Even from here, no one really knows where it is going.

1.70 yyyyyyyyyyyyyyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiipppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ki yah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do feel a bit sorry for those that cash out at 1.45. But what can you do. Even from here, no one really knows where it is going.

I did

Archived