Best way to send documents to OZ

cjenky

Hi, which is the best service to use to send documents to Oz? Should I just send normal snail mail or courier service? And any idea od costs? I am sending documentation to Vetasses for assessment

Thanks for your input

Claire

As long as its nothing sensitive, I would just take them along to your local post office and send that way. In terms of costings, this will depend on the size and weight of the package. PO will be able to give you a quote and advise I would expect.

Guest guest30085

Send by courier to their office address, not the PO Box address. FedEx is recommended by agents I've seen, but the PO do a registered international service with signature on delivery. About 70 pound for a padded envelope with quite a lot of paperwork in it ;)

I used Airsure at the Post Office to send my documents to AHPRA. The package weighed 600g and it cost about £18.50. It's not signed for at the other end, but you can track it and you get compensation for up to £500 if things are lost (handy if you've spent a fortune certifying documents etc). It doesn't seem to be the quickest service in the world - things seem to take about 10-12 days to get there, but I like it so I'm not worrying whether it's been delivered or not.

We made the best experience with UPS. Advantage of the couriers is the tracking possibility. Normally the documents sent to Oz were hard to organize or expensive certified translations. UPS took about EUR65 for an envelope and about EUR160 for a package with the all the from ANMAC required ones (certified and translated)...

I'd write them an email and ask if colour scans are ok. That was the case for all my assessment stuff, your local library will have a colour scanner to use, and if they are acceptable it can save you an unreal amount of time and hassle.

cheers,

PW.

Archived