Stat dec help for 190

jamie

Hi gang,

As some already know I have failed my TRA application as i can not supply the academic transcript from my apprenticeship over 20 years ago stating subjects covered and pass marks (training was all done in-house,college since closed, records lost ,trainers passed on etc etc)

Does anyone know if I can do STAT DEC to over come this issue ,if so how do i go about it .

Please please I need help as my 60 day review is up soon and i am very desperate to fulfill lifelong my dream:confused: :cry:

Stat decs are signed at the local police station but I have never heard of one for qualifications. Can you go back to the original place where you got the qualification and explain the situation and get some sort of statement from them? There must be some sort of affiliated body connected with your original training place- who took over from them? They might know.

Hi I had a similar issue with gaining evidence, my college had closed down over 10 years ago and moved to the other side if the city, they had a record of my attendance but not the transcripts, my tutor had died so I could not get a stat dec from him and all I had was my original certificates (city & guilds nvq).

I managed to get the college to write a letter stating what the course involved at the time. In the letter they said that they could not confirm that as part of the course I had definitely done an apprenticeship ( I thought this was going to be a problem). I got a letter from my employer while I was at the college who stated that I had done an apprenticeship and for how long and what it entailed (lots if details of using tools and what skills I was being taught) I actually wrote the letter myself and just got him to retype it on to company headed paper. I actually had 1 payslip from that employer too. I wrote a stat dec too,I got a solicitor to witness and sign it. TRA was granted within 4 weeks.

best advice is to put lots of info in and keep it organised.

Thanks, I have done all that ,wrote up detailed info of my training on headed company paper(about 16 courses) all tools used subject learnt etc got management to sign then also a solicitor .my TRA application was very detailed i even included photos of myself doing different tasks.everything was put into correct sections and i was very impressed with my folder and felt proud of my career.All this took me about 4 months.

Just upset that it has all fallen over due to one transcript that dose not exist from over 20 years ago.

thanks again for your support,i need it

Hi Jamie

I would definatley send a stat declaration, you have nothing to lose ( well except the ££). The college my partner went to has since closed down and we were unable to get a transcript, but we just wrote exactly that and the reasons why we were unable to access these details. We were however able to get a copy of the standards for the course from the awarding body, it was like a 300 page document that they emailed to me and I printed off, it stated every single module that could have been done for that course and the standards. Not sure if that applies to you, do you have contacts for the awarding body?

Even if you cant get this I would try the stat declaration and confirm on it that your college has closed and the years you attended and how as a result of this you can no longer access this information. Im sure you are so frustrated!!!

Hi gang just thought i would share TRA response which is a positive one,just not sure how they can verify my transcript if even i cant.

Anyways guess what i am doing all weekend:biggrin:

TRA will accept a statutory declaration in lieu of the academic transcript for your Certificate of Craft Trainee Apprenticeship, as outlined in Section 2.6.1 of the TRA MSA Applicant Guidelines. Please ensure the statutory declaration contains the following information:

· Name and level of award

· Date award was issued

· Start and end date of training period

· Name and contact details of issuing institution/authority

· A list of the subjects you completed to be eligible for the award

· Any other details that may assist TRA to verify the qualification

2.6.1 Documents required as evidence of a qualification

The following documents must be provided as evidence of a qualification:

 a certified copy of the qualification

 a certified copy of the academic transcript for the qualification

 you may also wish to provide other documents which provide further detail regarding

the entries included in the academic transcript.

You may provide a statutory declaration with your application as partial evidence of your

training and qualification attainment. However, a statutory declaration alone will not be

considered by TRA to meet the evidence requirements for qualification documentation. You

must also provide some additional form of third party evidence that can be independently

verified by TRA, for example a letter from an authorised person at the institution that issued

your award.

To ensure a valid and reliable assessment of your qualification, statutory declarations and

letters issued by training institutions must include the following details:

 name and level of award

 date award issued

 start and end date of training period

 name and contact details of issuing institution/authority

 a list of the subjects you completed to be eligible for the award

 any other details that may assist TRA to verify the qualification

http://www.innovation.gov.au/Skills/SkillsAssessment/Documents/MigrationSkillsGuidelines.pdf

Hope this helps its from the following link have a browse if u not done so already ........