Will 60 Points Be Enough for 189 Visa from July?

james007

Hi all...

I have received a positive skills assessment from the ACS. However, ACS have recently changed their regulations regarding assessment of work experience by including a ‘deeming’ date. In my case, based on the fact that I have a degree which is highly relevant to the nominated occupation the date at which I am deemed to be considered to work at an appropriate skilled level is June 2009 (Even though I graduated and started work in June 2007, if I had not had the related degree it would of been even more years)

My migration agent informed me of this new rule and this now means I can now only claim 3 years work experience for the purposes of the points testm instead of 5 years.

Based on this information I have following options:

1 - With a current points score of 60 points I can lodge an Expression of Interest and hope for an invitation to apply for a visa. During the months of February to June 2013 my agent said they were receiving invitations based on 60 points. However, the latest invitations have all been at a minimum of 65 points.

2 - Re-do my IELTS test to obtain a score of 8 in each section of the test. This will increase my points score to 70 points and ensure an invitation to lodge a visa application.

3 - Opt for state nomination. A successful state nomination will automatically result in an invitation to lodge a visa application. Currently the following states are sponsoring my occupation:

- Australian Capital Territory

- Northern Territory

- Victoria (Aalthough, I have been told though that Victoria are notorious for taking 12 weeks and still not approving the nomination)

My plan was to go out on 189 to Queensland as my friends lives there. So I am thinking of applying under option 1 and maybe rebook IELTS in case it doesnt go through on 60m points. Failing that I could change to 190 at a later date? I am going on own though so would like to be be near friends.

What are your thoughts?

& Do you think that the 189 acceptance mark will go back down to 60 points?

Thanks

James

Hi the reason that you need 65 points or more in the first invite of july was that IT professions that had reached there ceiling in the first half of this year where let back into the selection process and had an early date and 65 or more points . Looking at the threads this week people with 60 points and submitted before may where invited so I believe in the next couple of rounds they will catch up. And all applicants being accepted as long as there ceiling has not been reached.

I you are one off the unlucky people that the ceiling has been reached or about to be reached I would go out off my way to get the extra 5 or 10 points because when the celing is reset every year in july you would bee one off the first to be invited

I also have 60 points and have applied on 11 June 2013. I am waiting for invite which I hope will come in the September rounds. My skills assessment is as a Business Analyst.

In the 1st July round none of the candidates with 60 points were invited and the reports for 17th July round are not out yet. When they come out then I will be in a better position to predict when my invite is going to come.

Does anybody know if the invitations are sent on the first day or are they sent on subsequent days also. For example, if the invitation round was for 1st July then all the invites will be sent on that day or will they be sent on 2nd , 3rd, 4th and 5th of July also.

I also have 60 points and have applied on 11 June 2013. I am waiting for invite which I hope will come in the September rounds. My skills assessment is as a Business Analyst.

In the 1st July round none of the candidates with 60 points were invited and the reports for 17th July round are not out yet. When they come out then I will be in a better position to predict when my invite is going to come.

Does anybody know if the invitations are sent on the first day or are they sent on subsequent days also. For example, if the invitation round was for 1st July then all the invites will be sent on that day or will they be sent on 2nd , 3rd, 4th and 5th of July also.

its an automated process on the day of invite. Usually in the early hours of the morning Aus time.

if you applied 11th of June, you should have been invited the second round of June (17th).

if you applied 11th of June, you should have been invited the second round of June (17th).

It would have been nice to get the invite but unfortunately my Occupation ceiling had been reached for the year and thus none of the business analysts were getting invited. The ceiling has been reset from July 1st.

My occupation did not reach ceiling last year but my agent tells me 60 points wont be enough according to recent invites (as things stand today). Yes there will be alot with 65+ points that were waiting for ceiling to be lifted and hence EOI point increase for invites BUT last year 65 points were being accepted from July till Febuary. 60 points were enough for 189 from Feb.

Do you think a sim pattern will occur this year? Do I apply now and sit in queue and rebook IETLS or just apply only if it drops to 60 or pass IELTS with 8 in every component. Currently I passed but with mix of 7 & 8s

Whats your thoughts?

As there is enough space in your occupation If you submit today eoi then you should be invited in september at the latest as I said earlier they are just catching up with applicant that reached there ceilings in the last year one of these occupation will be full by first round in august this will reduce demand again

Apply now and get in queue you can always update you invitation if you decide to retake ielts. I would also wait until the results off the last round are issued this is due in the next couple of days

Why wait until the next few days? do you have a link where this may get published? does this happen twice a month? does length of time in queue held a bearing then? I was told 60 points were only enough from Feb last year, although that was the first year of invites!

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/

here is the link you then need to go on reports the last one published was from the 1st of july this one only had invites with 65 points but when the report from 15th comes out it will have a date for 60 points of end of april which will be a 2 months behind if you look at the last on in june the full quote of invites where not used because of ceiling caps for it professionals so it is a waiting game but I believe by mid august if you put your eoi in now you will have a invite at worst 1 invite in september

Yes I think people with 60 points if submitted today will be selected in the by the first invite in September if not earlier this is only a opinion based on past results and ceiling caps if you are a IT business and systems analyst and only have 60 points I think you will struggle due to your ceiling cap and I also think computer programmers slots will run out by December for any point.

Most other professions that did not reach their cap last year I think will have to wait approx 2-3 rounds with this getting quicker as the rounds go by if you have more than 60 points you will be invited in the next round as long as caps have not been reached

Yes I think people with 60 points if submitted today will be selected in the by the first invite in September if not earlier this is only a opinion based on past results and ceiling caps if you are a IT business and systems analyst and only have 60 points I think you will struggle due to your ceiling cap and I also think computer programmers slots will run out by December for any point.

Most other professions that did not reach their cap last year I think will have to wait approx 2-3 rounds with this getting quicker as the rounds go by if you have more than 60 points you will be invited in the next round as long as caps have not been reached

I agree with Tracy. I had applied EOI on 11/06/2013 but still have not got the invite so I am planning to take IELTS again and boost my score to 8.

My husband is applying for 189 under SOL Software Engineer....he has worked 1.5 years in Australia under 457 visa in 2009 and we have been here on same visa since April 2012. Can we claim that extra 5 points for the Australian Skilled Employment? Plz help

If you applied on the 11th I would wait till the next round 5th august and if you don,t get you invite then and your ceiling has been reached then do your ielts no point in doing it any earlier as the results will not out for ielts now till end off august by which time you will have had your invite or ceilings will have been reached for this year

Fingers crossed

Archived