Secondary 457 visa application for my baby PLEASE HELP

apickerell

Hello,

:err:I really hope that I can find some answers here. I have a 457 visa with my husband and 2 step children. Right when we were getting approved I found out I was pregnant.:laugh: I had to wait to come to Australia for my 457 visa job until after I had the baby. Now the baby is nearly 5 months old and I just received word that I would be able to come out for work in the next 4-6 weeks. We are very confused as to what the cost of this application will be with the new visa charges. Will it be the full 900 or 225 for additional applicants under 18? Soo confused! :arghh:

Also, we are thinking about coming out to Australia with our 457 visas but bringing the baby on an ETA and then when we arrive and get settled we can do her 457 application then...:skeptical: What do you think that the chances are of being able to do that? Most importantly we know that God will work all of this out for His glory and that we should not worry.:angel_happy_face_ha But we need to know how much it is going to cost for these new charges...

One last question is what insurance is a good insurance to go with for the 457 visa requirement? We had insurance previously but as we never made it out to oz yet we cancelled it and now have to reapply for that as well. Looking for lowest priced available but still good insurance. Thanks in advance for any advice anyone has. :wink:

Will be $900 for subsequent applicant , the $225 is for additional applicant on a 457 application, this is a new application for a subsequent 457 . A ETA from your country could be refused for a baby by its self or come with no further stay condition so can not apply onshore. Apply for 457 before you go.

You need appropriate health cover for the 457 visa as you are breaching the 8501 condition on the visa without cover. Only certain countries are reciprocal health care with Australia that are entitled to Medicare. Try iman

Let me correct myself, We never actually came to Australia yet so We contacted the health insurance and let them know they told us to redo our application when we were ready to go. I dont belive we are breeching our contract if we are not onshore. :) Thank you for your help. Wow 900 AUD... YIKES!!!

Let me correct myself, We never actually came to Australia yet so We contacted the health insurance and let them know they told us to redo our application when we were ready to go. I dont belive we are breeching our contract if we are not onshore. :) Thank you for your help. Wow 900 AUD... YIKES!!!

If you didn't move to Australia then I would not be so sure that your own 457 is still valid.

Thank you for your response, It is still valid. I have checked on Vevo. My employer never cancled my nomination as she planned to employ me after the baby was born. After much searching we found out that it is 900 AUD (YIKES) for my daughters visa. we will do that this week. Thanks for all of your advice!

Thank you for your response, It is still valid. I have checked on Vevo. My employer never cancled my nomination as she planned to employ me after the baby was born. After much searching we found out that it is 900 AUD (YIKES) for my daughters visa. we will do that this week. Thanks for all of your advice!

But is she still going to employ you now? No job no 457!

Archived