House Sales

ali

Aaahhh - just letting off steam. :evil: Had a viewer Wednesday who made a 2nd viewing Saturday for over an hour - then made a stupid offer £11.000 less than the asking price. :x The estate agent thinks they're struggling to get near the asking price - they shouldn't have come looking then. They even turned round and said their offer reflected that my house didn't have a garage - they knew that when they looked at it the first time. I know I want to sell, but I don't want to give the house away. :cry:

Feel much better now :)

Ali x

Guest Nelson

It is almost as frustrating as waiting for a C.O. and then waiting for a visa... But we could all do without 'sticky beaks'..

I wish we could move on to the Scottish system where you make your offer with money attached :!:

Hold on tight.... you'll get there in the end :!:

Sticky beaks is very polite, more like skanky ba****ds, invading your home and making you think they can get away with knocking you!

I bet you wish you hadn't been so nice to them now! Have a word with your estate agents and tell them not to send people round who take the p*ss the price is the price and if they can't raise a reasonable offer go sling! :evil:

Hang on in there, the nice ones are yet to come!

Guest Gollywobbler

A young friend of mine sold her house recently. Apparently she decided to use the solicitors recommended by her agents, and she wasn't buying anything else. She has decided to rent for six months rather than trying to do simultaneeous deals.

The solicitors sounded like the pits to me. First the buyers announced that they had no money for a deposit. The solicitors told her to go ahead without a deposit, assuring her airily, "They'll be liable for 10% of the price if they default." They'd be liable for other things too - but if they ain't got any money it is pointless to try to sue them.

The buyers then sent in surveyors, followed by an electrician, followed by a plumber, followed by somebody to measure the place for new carpets - all without exchanging contracts or handing over a dime.

Then they demanded an entirely arbitrary completion date of their own choosing - but still said they weren't yet ready to exchange contracts.

Then, stone the crows (and I've never heard of this happening before) post started arriving addressed to the buyers, without them even having had the decency to ask whether this would be OK, and without them having exchanged contracts either. The useless solicitors told young Rachel to put it in a neat pile. I'd have said, "Send it to me." I would have sent the first lot to the buyers' solicitors, telling them, "Any more post that turns up at the house for your clients is going straight back into the post box marked, "Not known here," gedditt? Get those animals of yours under control or I'll do it for you. They can be thugs towards my young and inexperienced client, but they can think bluddy twice about trying such ill-mannered stunts out on me."

In the end, these bastards finally declared themselves ready to exchange contracts the Friday before the Whitsun weekend (the week before) threatening to dump the deal unless they could complete the following Friday, to give them the three days of the holiday weekend to settle in. My poor chum had to go and talk to her boss and get immediate permission to have a week off - beginning that minute - in order to get all her own stuff packed up and moved out in time.

I was absolutely appalled when I happened to see the lass a couple of weeks after completion and discovered what had gone on.

I fervently hope that none of you ever have to put up with the Buyers From Hell, which is what Rachel's buyers sound like to me. If anybody treated me even half so badly I would refuse to sell the house to them and that would be that.

Nite all

Gill

Thanks for the support - there are always people who you know will come through for you. :) You're right it is like waiting for the visa - I think you've said in a previous post Krist that it feels worse having the visa in your passport and not being in the position to do anything with it!

Gill what a nightmare for your friend!

Hubby did speak to estate agent (boss), who said the couple could increase by £3,000, hubby said no as it was the same person who he was talking to that had valued it in the first place. Hubs said you can't tell me it's a reasonable offer when you valued it at at £8,000 higher only 4 weeks ago. I think what got me was that they said that the ground floor extension was built to our specifications - derrr of course it was we payed for the it to be built - If they didn't like it, why invade my house for over an hour with other members of their family?

I think they wanted something for nothing. In a few months, if we were thinking of reducing the price, it certainly wouldn't be by that much right off.

I'd forgotton what a nightmare selling a house was - still it'll all be worth it in the end :?

Ali x x

Accepted offer on the house - we've decided to move January (don't want to be Billy no mates at xmas), being realistic and knowing the problems others have had with sales falling through will keep my fingers crossed that everything runs smoothly

Ali x x

Guest Hayley

Hi Ali, How exciting for you that things are all going through ok. Where are you going to stay if you sell now if ur not leaving till Jan.

We put ours up in june thinking it would take a few months to sell and it only took 2 days!! Now stuck with nowhere to live from end of this month and no visa!!

Good luck with the house sale, just another thing to worry about, not like we've all got enough going on at the moment :lol:

The buyers apparently are not in any rush and have agreed to not complete until the first week of January sound too good to be true to me, but all seems above board which is a god send as we'd struggle to get a short term rental and could only live with in-laws for a week at most.

Ali

Guest jordan
Good luck with the viewers Stacey - when are you thinking of going?

Sold the house today to cash buyers, want to exchange in 4 weeks complete in 8 weeks. If our visa's haven't arrived by then we're off to live with my dad save as much money as we can. Then fly as soon as visa's arrive. So exciting and scary !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stacey xx

HELLO aLL

I'VE BEEN READING OVER THE FORUM FOR A WHILE NOW AND I READ PEOPLE SAYING THINGS LIKE THEY HAVE SOLD THE HOUSE AND MAKING REAL COMMITMENTS. BUT HAVE NOT RECEIVED VISA YET.

IS IT THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU WILL GET THE VISA WITHOUT CONFIRMATION

OR HAVE YOU HAD CONFIRMATION AND ARE WAITING FOR THE VISA TO ARRIVE PHYSICALLY?

i WANT TO MAKE PLANS AND 70% BELIEVE WE'LL GET THE VISA BUT I JUST REALLY DO NOT KNOW.

THANKS JOHN

Guest Hayley

Hi John,

We haven't had our visa yet but have sold our house and need to move out in 4 weeks. Just feel that even if we don't get in it's time for a change so would buy elsewhere. Wasn't expecting things to go throuh so quickly and had i known things on the visa front were going to take so long suppose we would have thought sensibly about things and waited.

Too late now though so whatever happens we are out of this house soon!! :D

Guest jordan
Hi John,

We haven't had our visa yet but have sold our house and need to move out in 4 weeks. Just feel that even if we don't get in it's time for a change so would buy elsewhere. Wasn't expecting things to go throuh so quickly and had i known things on the visa front were going to take so long suppose we would have thought sensibly about things and waited.

Too late now though so whatever happens we are out of this house soon!! :D

Hi Hayley same here sold our house and still no visa. We've got about 8 weeks before we have to leave our house. We was hoping to here something about our visa by now but the whole DIMA processing has come to a total stand still the last 3 weeks. My dad said we could stay at his for awhile whilst we wait for a Visa's. We are 99% sure we will get our visa's and if we don't we will just buy another house.

When was you app Ack?

Stacey xx

Guest Hayley

Hi Stacey,

Not sure when ours was ack, our agent hasn't told us. We have done our meds and polic checks (requested) and they were sent off 4 weeks ago. Thought we would hear by now too so am dreading being turned down.

We we wanting to be in oz by mid sep. I have booked our dog into quarentine and he flies out 10th sep, a bit of a risk booking it but we have only had to pay for his import permit 125.00 so far, so thought it was worth it so we can go as soon as we get the go ahead.

I just can't see what the delay is if they have requested the meds & police checks. I don't think they realise what it is like waiting....it's driving me mad!! :lol:

We had had our medicals before we put the house up for sale, had we got turned down we'd have just taken it off the market again. I don't know of many on 136 visas being turned down (perhaps others do). My thinking was by the time they ask for medicals they know if they need more info and would ask for it then, I was worried about minor things with the medical, but was reassured when people with much bigger health problems got visas.,. To say Australis has one of the tightest migration systems, they do seem to grant alot of visas.

Did your acknowledgement letter tell you how long the wait for processing was? Mine said 4 - 5 months and we were asked to go for medicals at 4 months and 2 weeks. The only thing I'd do differentley is that i would have sent for my police checks a little sooner as they took almost the full 40 days to come.

Ali

Hi Hayley

I think your very brave. What the hell I only get one chance of being me so I am seriously thinking of doing it. If we get turned down so be it life still goes on even thoe I'd be a miserable ol git.

Good luck and enjoy every minute

John

Too late now though so whatever happens we are out of this house soon!!

I agree with Ali

We put our house on the market at Easter just before we got asked to go for medicals, sold within a week, fell through, sold again a day later and we completed last week! Fly out on the 7th September, we would definately recommend putting in for your police checks early as ours took 32 days to come back and it took longer than the medicals to sort!

Jackie (Mrs Pasty)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tayella

Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:25 am Post subject: buying a house

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Evry1,

My Wife and I have started the migration application and we have a serious question for you to answer if you can. Please dont post a reply if you are from W.A. or are a member of their website (PIP) as we cant stop laughing at your rib tickilng sarcasm anymore

We have aprox $250k aus dollars in equity from our house in the UK and after reading your threads the question I have is Will this be enough to buy a house for my Wife and 2 kids and myself?

Looking forward to your reply

Chris and Natalie

Hi Guys,

Someone sent me a list of median house prices to March 06, Looking at that list $250 could buy you something in Armadale, Beckenham, Bellevue, Brookdale, Bullsbrook, Calista, Clarkson, Girrawheen, Gosnells, Hillman Koondoola, Koongamia, Langford, Leda, Lockridge, Lynwood Medina, Middle Swan, Midland, Midvale, Mirrabooka Seville Grove, Swan View, Stratton,, Wexcombe, - Sorry don't know much about these suburbs or if that's for a 3/4 bed house

Ali

Guest tayella

Thanx Ali that was a quick reply.

What State are these areas in?

We fancy Brisbane as the market looks cheap and theres work there too.

Do you have any info for there?

Weve applied for our Visa using Visa bureau and we are only as far as 2nd stage verification so we have lots of time to look around, however Brisbane for us seems to keep cropping up.

Were from Grays in Essex near the Lakeside Shopping Centre and Dartford Tunnel for those of you reading this that may know it.

Regards

Chris and Nat

Sorry, all these are in WA, with you mentioning PIP I thought that's where you were looking. Don't know about house prices in Brisbane, My brother lives there and he just bought a 4 bed in Redcliffe (older style) for $450

Ali

Guest tayella

Ali the Forums in PIP basically laughed at us about the deposit we had so it kind of put us off there a bit but we have not ruled it out totally.

We wanted to be pretty near to the sea in Perth and they laughed even more then.

The towns you mentioned are they in good ares?

Thanks again mate

Chris and Natalie

Guest THE JONEZYS

Were from Grays in Essex near the Lakeside Shopping Centre and Dartford Tunnel for those of you reading this that may know it.

Can't help with your questions guys as we are looking at going to Melbourne, can tho give you plenty of info on Grays as thats where we live :!:

Lesley

Archived