undeclared child Australia

manjitkum

hi, my name is manu, i am in Australia on permanent visa, but when i applied for my PR i didnot mention that i have a 8 years old daughter, because i was not in relationship with childs mother, but now i got married to child's mother and want to sponsor them both, but as i didn't declared my child in my PR application, will there will be a problem , will they will cancel my visa, or will they refuse my partner application,,, please help.

I have also seen few migration agents, as they didn.t gave me proper answer, I rang immigration they said there will be no problems , but migration agent says they might cancel my visA, but when I applied for visa neither child nor mother was depended on me, that's why I didn't include them as depandent, I m so worried now, what to do, listen to agents or immigration. Please help me, by asking any good lawyers if u know, plz plz plz

Guest The Pom Queen

You need advice from an agent and urgent. I'm not sure if they could cancel your visa and send you home for lying on your application so please speak with an agent. Alan Collett on here would be your best person to chat with.

• 5 years later...

Hi Manu, can I ask how did you case ? Did you just apply for you daughter and did case officer ask why you didn't declare your child before? It would be great if You answer as I am in similar situation. Thanks you

27 minutes ago, Mangau said:

Hi Manu, can I ask how did you case ? Did you just apply for you daughter and did case officer ask why you didn't declare your child before? It would be great if You answer as I am in similar situation. Thanks you

The thread is five years old and the member hasn't been on the site since then. 

You need to seek advice from a registered migration agent

Unless you are properly represented, Immigration can and probably will cancel your visa for failing to declare a dependant, and there is no certainty of success, no matter what you do. By presenting yourself to Immigration you stand a good chance of being cancelled and detained, regardless of what you have been told.