Where do you buy your prescription medication?

lara24

We have been here in Perth a month now and I will need to go to the GP in a few weeks to sort out prescriptions for some long-term medications for me and cream for my 1 year old baby. I needed to get some eye drops prescribed this week for my son and it was a bit of an emergency so I wasn't thinking about cost so just went to our local pharmacist (777). Is there a cheaper way of buying your medication, should I be claiming any of it back from medicare or is that just for appointments......??

Thanks, not quite got my head round the medicare thing yet.

We have been here in Perth a month now and I will need to go to the GP in a few weeks to sort out prescriptions for some long-term medications for me and cream for my 1 year old baby. I needed to get some eye drops prescribed this week for my son and it was a bit of an emergency so I wasn't thinking about cost so just went to our local pharmacist (777). Is there a cheaper way of buying your medication, should I be claiming any of it back from medicare or is that just for appointments......??

Thanks, not quite got my head round the medicare thing yet.

i always buy mine from chemist warehouse ....they have an online site aswell .....much cheaper than other chemists .....u cant claim them back from medicare but if u go over a certain amount per year you get them at a capped rate .....chemist will be able to tell you more

mrs keily

oh and if you caan find a doctor that bulk bills you dont need to pay for your appointment

• 2 weeks later...

I also buy my prescriptions at chemist warehouse. By far the cheapest pharmacy (saying this I don't like making propaganda) but others charge a lot more which I found out when chemist warehouse was not available in a so called 'emergency' situation.

Saw a quack at jindalee ,some appointments you pay , others he bulk bills, hmm

Most will bulk bill kids under 16.

Those that do will also bulk bill a follow up adult appointment. You pay for the first one, subsequent ones for the same issue will cost zero. This is because follow ups are generally shorter, thus no 'gap' to make up.

Archived