nurse needing reassurance on 457 visa scanned certified documents????

laurar9838

Hi guys,

I’m hoping to get my application lodged for a 457 visa ASAPbut need advice on which evidence listed below require certifying by Notarypublic (obviously passport is one of them):

1) passport

2) Birthcertificate

3) Medical& xray

4) Policecertificates

5) Diploma/degree

6) CV

7) Employerreferences

8) Copyof contract of employment and acceptance

9) Copyof job description

10) Proof ofhealth insurance

11) AHPRA eligibilityletter

Many thanks

Laura

hi laura, i am also a nurse, applied for 457visa online on friday, i think it just passport and birth certificate or driving licence which need to be certified. I assume since you already have your aphra registration you will have had all your documents certified to send off to aphra anyway? all my documents that were certified by a notary for aphra, i used them again for visa, i had originally scanned them and had copies on my computer, so i just sent everything that was signed by a notary off to visa. only things that werent certified were my aphra eligibilty letter, the letter from health insurance company, police checks, and copy of my contract. nobody has been in contact to tell me that the docs which were not certified do in fact need to be certified. so my advice if you kept copies of the notaries's stamp/signature on your docs for aphra then use these and just send everything which has been certified, and if you didnt keep copies i would say get your passport/driving licence/birth certifcate certifed. hope that helps. where abouts are you going to work in oz? are you going by yourself or with family? jess xx

Hey Jess!

Thanks for the reply, hope you hear from them soon and its all good news!

I don't have my AHPRA registration yet, only the eligibility letter which is valid till December this year, my employer knows this. I didn't want to fly out too early to finalise it then fly back (to the uk) to go back out again. Did you send a certificate? I got in touch with my HR/Sponsor person and challenged them on the tick list (because it highlights AHPRA nurse registration certificate) she didn't really give me a straight forward answer and said that I just need to scan the item AHPRA sent me via email (this was just the eligibility letter). I'm a little confused, did you just send the letter?

I don't want to sound like a mad woman (lol) I just know how strict ahpra were for doc's and just want this to be right first time :)

Was your nurse qualification certified? Iv heard some say they didn't need it.

I am travelling alone (eeek!!) to perth, what about yourself?, which field do you work? i'm mental health

Cheers Jess,

Laura xx

hi laura, i just sent my eligibilty letter as well. as i said in my previous posts i had copies from when my docs where certified, so yes my degree certificate was certified. but im pretty sure from when i was reading on their website that it doesnt need to be certified. you could always email someone from immigration to double check. or if you need your passport/birth certificate certifying anyway, you could see how much notary would charge to have ur diploma/degree certificate certified as well. i am also travelling alone, im going to melbourne though, dont know anyone so bit scared but hopefully will make friends. i work in childrens nursing. have you had your medical yet? jess xx

Hey Jess and Labourvellec

I'm sorry if this sounds obvious but did you print the forms for the visa (e.g. form 80) then scan the items or did you complete the forms online before lodging them?

my computer is saying it wont save online forms that iv put text in (if that makes sense). I'm a little stressed and confused.

Thanks a lot

Laura xx

hi. am a nurse hoping to move next year to perth.. just wondering where do i start with registration with australian nursing board. can i just check documents need to be with notary public rather than solicter? also how best to contact nmc to get them to certifty that i am on live registrater.

thanks all help grateful

Hey Jess and Labourvellec

I'm sorry if this sounds obvious but did you print the forms for the visa (e.g. form 80) then scan the items or did you complete the forms online before lodging them?

my computer is saying it wont save online forms that iv put text in (if that makes sense). I'm a little stressed and confused.

Thanks a lot

Laura xx

We had to print and rescan our form 80. Not very intuitive but needs must.

Lou

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi. am a nurse hoping to move next year to perth.. just wondering where do i start with registration with australian nursing board. can i just check documents need to be with notary public rather than solicter? also how best to contact nmc to get them to certifty that i am on live registrater.

thanks all help grateful

Hi,

You can download the application for your nursing registration on the AHPRA website. The application form has a list of all the supporting documents they require and they all need to be notarised as true copies by a public notary. If you google society of public notaries there should be a directory of your local PN. Some people on here have also had theirs certified by a Justice of Peace. You can call NMC directly and tell the you need a verification of registration or you can email verifications@nmc-uk.org for a application pack. You need to state in the email your Pin, your full name, address and contact telephone number and the name of the licensing body whom you are applying to. When you receive the application pack, complete the form and return together with the fee of £34 but you only send off your application pack once you have posted your AHPRA application and supporting documents.

Hope this helps! Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thanks wendox, very helpful.. working on cv and documents

again thanks

You're welcome :) here's a list of the things I sent if that help:

Copy of passport

Copy of both parts of driving licence

Recent bank statement with name and address

Proof of address I.e council tax or rent statements

Nursing certificate and any post-grad certificates

Transcript with theoretical and clinical hours

G.C.S.E certificates (if you don't have these you just need to get the school to write a letter to confirm that you were taught and assessed in English with the appropriate dates)

AHPRA CV (needs to be signed as true and insert date)

NMC Verification of registration letter

Statement of service letter can be done by a senior nurse with a supervising role or your line manager...in the letter they need to state your grade, whether you are in part-time or full-time employment, how long you have worked for the organisation, your role and whether you work supervised or unsupervised. This letter needs to be signed and notarised also.

CPD should contain all your recent certificates of any professional development courses or study days

If there's anything else you need feel free to PM me. Wendox

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hi laura, i completed the online visa application and got to the end and for some reason it wouldnt let me attatch my documents. so i sent a message to immigration to say i couldnt attatch my documents. i then figured it out lol, it is on the same page as where you click to start visa application and where you can check on progress of visa. but then yesterday (4days after i sent them the message) immigration replied and said i could send my documents to the email they sent me. you will need to complete the online form unless your sponsor is outside aus then you have to complete paper version. hope that makes sense x

Hi guys,

I’m hoping to get my application lodged for a 457 visa ASAPbut need advice on which evidence listed below require certifying by Notarypublic (obviously passport is one of them):

1) passport

2) Birthcertificate

3) Medical& xray

4) Policecertificates

5) Diploma/degree

6) CV

7) Employerreferences

8) Copyof contract of employment and acceptance

9) Copyof job description

10) Proof ofhealth insurance

11) AHPRA eligibilityletter

Many thanks

Laura

None of the above.

Providing scanned copies of documents is recommended as it is faster. Scanned copies of non-certified original documents are acceptable, provided they are in colour. Black and white copies will only be accepted if they are certified copies. Scanned copies of your Police Clearance Certificates are acceptable for the processing of your application.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/further-information.htm

Archived