189 visa blackhole advice needed

Applied and paid for visa 189 28/3/13 and still no case officer....

we got stuck 'inbetween systems' on phoning adelaide ( as our visa 'page' looked odd so we phoned them several times....) and have been assured we have been unstuck but now 10weeks since application paid/lodged and nothing

all documents uploaded and only medicals to do......

anyone else gotten stuck in this glitch ?

anyone know what timeframe is for 189?

is it time to get an agent or frontload with medicals or just be calm and keep ringing adelaide ???

65 points-eilts/police etc etc all done and in date....etc etc

grateful for any help as losing patience and the will to live now !!!!

x

Just be patient, it is only just two months and I cannot see any reason to get concerned. I just read a very similar thread from someone who applied after you and when they finally phoned thy found out they had a CO wees ago. COs do not contact you to say hello, you cannot possibly say whether you have a CO or not, they don't announce themselves.

Hi

I'd keep calm! An agent will make no difference to your wait

What I would say is crack on with your medicals as if you get referred you will have at least a 3 month wait for MOC. If your medical link is not on your electronic visa page you can call dept of immi and ask for HAP so you can get them done :)

Best of luck

carol

we got stuck 'inbetween systems' on phoning adelaide ( as our visa 'page' looked odd so we phoned them several times....) and have been assured we have been unstuck but now 10weeks since application paid/lodged and nothing

is it time to get an agent or frontload with medicals or just be calm and keep ringing adelaide ???

x

x

Hi Shiverpom,

I applied 1st April and have had no contact from a case officer. I called DIAC early this morning to see if they could tell me anything as it had been 9 weeks and they told me I was allocated a case officer 26th April! So I can completely relate to how you are feeling!

Im much happier now that at least someone is/has looked at my application and its being processed! I have front loaded everything including meds.... so maybe no reason to contact?! Id advise get your meds done as it took a couple of weeks to get a good appointment time!

Fingers crossed for you, hope you hear something soon!

many thanks

wrt Case officer thingy its just that u all talk about your case officer/or document when u got your case officer allocated and it is all a lot quicker than whats happening at our end.....so how do u know if a CO has been assigned? email direct from them or message on your visa pages???

front loading our visa with medicals is probably our next step but with no contact whatsoever wrt our documents we have uploaded or CO known to us its does all seem to be taking a lot longer for us than what iam seeing on other threads and in your timelines....

we are 11 weeks from lodging this friday.....

just feel like paid several thousand dollars and not even getting any feedback or info wrt documents we have provided or if to go for medicals ......

i think we are fairly straight forward uk applicants....

any tips again gratefully taken on board or shall i just drink more wine and chill out? ! x

You may as well sort your meds in my opinion, like it was said earlier, if they get referred then at least you're a way down the line. Your visa validation date will be 1 year from the date on your meds or police checks, whichever is earliest. So as you've already submitted the PCC there's no reason I can see to delay your meds.

Other than that, keep drinking the calming water!! ?