confusion over subclass 190 :s

tinaisrar

Hi, i hope you can answer my question as its been driving me crazy and cant seem to find confirmation. I know i am a few months from applying for visa as just about ready to submit docs to ANMAC to be assessed.

I am looking at applying for either the 189 or 190 visa, firstly i don't see much difference in these, is one easier to be selected for EOI and obtain than the other?

secondly for the skilled nominated 190 visa, do i have to get the state/region to nominate me prior to EOI or submit EOI they then select me if they happy with everything?....its this point im really confused on. If i have to apply for sponsorship prior to EOI does it take long and how do you do?

Just so you know I am interested in NSW, preferably the outskirts of Sydney. I do know that applications for this region do not open again until July 2013. I am looking to move here as a qualified medical nurse along with my partner who unfortunately does not have a skilled occupation.

​Thanks in advance x

Hi my understanding is that the 190 is for those that dont have the 60 points needed for 189. Im a typical example. I have 55 so the 190 would give me the extra 5 points for visa. You submit EOI with the 55 points and state which state you want to be sponsored by, you can tick more than one but apparently this isnt looked at favourably. So in my case I submitted EOI with 55 points. I was quickly invited to apply by Queensland however i didnt have Ahpra, only Anmac so its on hold until I get Ahpra sorted. Each state is different though by what they require, Im sure some states are happy with Anmac only however I want QLd so have to be patient. i have heard that going for SS you get allocated a case officer quickly but I have pals who sumbitted 189 and were invited at next available round (all nurses). So my understanding is that 190 is for those that fall short on points but there is no guarentee that the state you want will sponsor you anyhow and it I think it costs extra for SS but only by a couple of hundred of dollars. Im resiting Ielts though to try and boost points as may be quicker than waiting for Ahpra. Hope that makes sense x

Hi my understanding is that the 190 is for those that dont have the 60 points needed for 189. Im a typical example. I have 55 so the 190 would give me the extra 5 points for visa. You submit EOI with the 55 points and state which state you want to be sponsored by, you can tick more than one but apparently this isnt looked at favourably. So in my case I submitted EOI with 55 points. I was quickly invited to apply by Queensland however i didnt have Ahpra, only Anmac so its on hold until I get Ahpra sorted. Each state is different though by what they require, Im sure some states are happy with Anmac only however I want QLd so have to be patient. i have heard that going for SS you get allocated a case officer quickly but I have pals who sumbitted 189 and were invited at next available round (all nurses). So my understanding is that 190 is for those that fall short on points but there is no guarentee that the state you want will sponsor you anyhow and it I think it costs extra for SS but only by a couple of hundred of dollars. Im resiting Ielts though to try and boost points as may be quicker than waiting for Ahpra. Hope that makes sense x

Hi Nic yes that makes sense, i dont need 5 points i need 10 to get to 60 so resitting ielts u can see on timeline i need a little boost on writing and going to do general this time.

So from what you write i should forget the 190 and apply for 189 (hopefully).

​How long they take to process on average once you have been accepted to apply, im trying to time everything and in stages so all ties in with my plans. Was hoping to go end of feb 14 and apply for visa Oct/Nov time x

Difference is that if you receive State Nomination you are automatically invited for 190. With 189 you are ranked by points and have to wait for an invitation, if you only have 60 points you may be waiting longer.

Also 190 visa applications are processed faster than 189, as they are in a higher priority group. http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

Difference is that if you receive State Nomination you are automatically invited for 190. With 189 you are ranked by points and have to wait for an invitation, if you only have 60 points you may be waiting longer.

Also 190 visa applications are processed faster than 189, as they are in a higher priority group. http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

Ooooo interesting thanks for the link, looking at it its only 3 weeks. Not bad if no restrictions.......hopefully will look into this one!

​Thanks Lebour x

Hi, i hope you can answer my question as its been driving me crazy and cant seem to find confirmation. I know i am a few months from applying for visa as just about ready to submit docs to ANMAC to be assessed.

I am looking at applying for either the 189 or 190 visa, firstly i don't see much difference in these, is one easier to be selected for EOI and obtain than the other?

secondly for the skilled nominated 190 visa, do i have to get the state/region to nominate me prior to EOI or submit EOI they then select me if they happy with everything?....its this point im really confused on. If i have to apply for sponsorship prior to EOI does it take long and how do you do?

Just so you know I am interested in NSW, preferably the outskirts of Sydney. I do know that applications for this region do not open again until July 2013. I am looking to move here as a qualified medical nurse along with my partner who unfortunately does not have a skilled occupation.

​Thanks in advance x

hi there,

It really depends on your occupation. Take me for an example I have 65 before SS, but my occupation requires SS . So even though I have enough points I still need to apply a state spousorship . I suggest you read the requirements for your occupation carefully then decide which one you wanna go for.

hope that helps

lana

hi there,

It really depends on your occupation. Take me for an example I have 65 before SS, but my occupation requires SS . So even though I have enough points I still need to apply a state spousorship . I suggest you read the requirements for your occupation carefully then decide which one you wanna go for.

hope that helps

lana

Is that what they refer to the CSOL or list 2?

Our main applicant occupation is on the CSOL, so we have no option but to apply for 190 Visa with State Sponsorship, and are therefore tied to whichever States are offering sponsorship..........

if you have the choice the no.1 preference should be Subclass 189, it is a no brainer because you can go anywhere with it from the beginning. While the Subclass 190 comes with a 2 year obligation to live and work in a nominating state/territory. Otherwise all comments above are true.

Archived