Owner wanting to break lease..any experiences please

Guest EM&M

Oh god, one more thing to add to the list of happenings here. Our rental agents rang us earlier and advised us that the owner wants to sell the property. Our rental agreement is until September but they want to know if we are willing to move earlier and that the owner will "look after is" of course most of this is crap. I wondered if anyone has been in this situation and what they did.

Thanks in advance.

Em x

Guest Mrs Braveheart

Oh Em

This is all you need. I haven't a clue where you stand on this one but if you have a signed contract I would imagine he would need to sell with tenants or maybe not ?? Maybe pm Bobcat don't know if he deals with rentals tho!!

Big Hugs

Janette

Janette,

Honest I am flipping sick feel like have to keep passing the test to stay here get me???? We have checked the lease and they cant make us go before sept. But I said to M at end of day we know we gonna have to go now regardless of now or if we say no then sept.

Im going to UK in 10 days and really could do without this hassle now apart from that no way Im leaving him to find us a place to live lol

Em x

Guest Mrs Braveheart

Aww hun

Well tell them to sod off to september then :biglaugh: Or at least til you come back from the Uk. I know what you mean about being tested we certain are at the mo :arghh:

Janette

They can`t make you go before September but you may have to allow a certain amount of open homes. It may be worthwhile contacting citizens advice just to see what your rights are, if nothing else at least you know what they intend and you have plenty of time to start looking for somewhere else - it`s still a pain though.

HI Em, sounds pants but at least you have time to work it out, im sure you could do with out it though.

Have you been in the house long?

I cant give you any advice other than keep your chin up be positive and keep smiling. At least your not here, it was -4 this morning and my car door was frozen shut.

I hope you manage to sort it soon.

All the best,

John.

I wouldnt worry too much Em ,id go on your trip and when you get back start looking around ,,telling them your sticking with September may well back fire if you do find somewhere quicker.You may also find the agent your with is that little bit more helpful in finding you an alternative property.Good luck mate you can do it ,its just a prawn in the ocean after everything youve been through,lol,,keep smiling see ya saturday

Cal x

HI Em, sounds pants but at least you have time to work it out, im sure you could do with out it though.

Have you been in the house long?

I cant give you any advice other than keep your chin up be positive and keep smiling. At least your not here, it was -4 this morning and my car door was frozen shut.

I hope you manage to sort it soon.

All the best,

John.

Been in here five and half months now. Spoke to RTA who are the rental governing body and and they said we dont have to go but they can give us notice to sell and we have to make the property available for buyers. We can however come to a mutual agreement to make it worth our while to leave!

Em x

I wouldnt worry too much Em ,id go on your trip and when you get back start looking around ,,telling them your sticking with September may well back fire if you do find somewhere quicker.You may also find the agent your with is that little bit more helpful in finding you an alternative property.Good luck mate you can do it ,its just a prawn in the ocean after everything youve been through,lol,,keep smiling see ya saturday

Cal x

Thats it Cal,

Im going to enjoy my trip and see what happens i'll let M do the worrying (as if). Im on real estate already lol.

See u sat looking forward to it, u up for going out later???

Em x

we are in the same situation so our heart goes out to you. We've been asked to let viewers see the property which we have done as long as we have suitable notice (asked for 24 hours). Our landlord is selling the house as an investment property with tenants but still makes us feel uneasy. We were told if he needed us to leave earlier he would be obliged to assist us with the costs of removal and find us a suitable place for us. We are supposed to be in our house until August and rented in December to find that 4 weeks later he put the house on the market as his house sale fell through and he needs to release equity to complete his build.

Go on holiday and put it to the back of your mind, it will sort out and he can't throw you out and if he needs you to move it has to be by mutual agreement.

The only way they can insist you leave is if they have a break lease in your contract and you still have to have notice. Or so that's what we've been told. Good luck.

Thanks adey,

We have asked them to put offer to us, we are not adverse to moving to be honest and hoping that the neighbour at our new place does not feel the need to use the F work every five seconds to her children. Saying that we will probably get something worse known our luck. :realmad:

Em x

Hi Em, bad luck mate; just when we get sorted, you have to start looking! There's a few complexes up near us advertising townhouses, but I think you may want to stay down where you are? If not, there's a massive two story four bedroom detached opposite us, privately advertised, probably about $600 a week or something silly - and no, we haven't got one like that! (I wish!)

Have a good holiday, try and forget it for a few weeks (as if!). See you at weekend,

Jo x

Archived