getting job interviews visa

weldaboy46

Can anyone help me please.I am going on a months reccy, with the hope of knocking on a few doors and getting some interviews. I`m not sure if I can do this on a travel visa, also I would have to take some of my welding kit, as it is usual for welders to actually demonstrate their skills in front of potential employers. Would I need a business visa, or would I be allowed to do this on a normal visitors one?? I am trying to get sponsorship and am having not much joy because employers want me to be in Australia, which is why I`m doing this, Thanks in advance.

There is no visa designed to enable someone to go to Australia to look for work and perhaps interview. Some people might have interviews whilst they are there on holiday, that is allowed, but cannot be the primary purpose of the visit. I would not recommend you take your tools of trade on holiday if you go.

sponsorship for trades is pretty unusual, I would personally recommend spending the money on skilled migration instead.

Hi Weldaboy.

I understand where you are coming from but I dont think its a good idea to take any of your kit as technically you would be looking for work on a holiday visa, as already pointed out.

My brother is doing exactly the same as you.

He's going Perth for several months to see what it holds for him but he already has PR so he can take his kit if he wants. He has tried like you to get something here in the UK before going over but as you've pointed out possible employers want to see him and for him to be there to do any weld tests. My brother is also thinking of staying to do any courses that will update his skills.

As already pointed out, it may be better to spend your monies and energies into getting the visa you require.

If I come up with any other ideas or info I will PM you.

BEGal

Can anyone help me please.I am going on a months reccy, with the hope of knocking on a few doors and getting some interviews. I`m not sure if I can do this on a travel visa, also I would have to take some of my welding kit, as it is usual for welders to actually demonstrate their skills in front of potential employers. Would I need a business visa, or would I be allowed to do this on a normal visitors one?? I am trying to get sponsorship and am having not much joy because employers want me to be in Australia, which is why I`m doing this, Thanks in advance.

I would be very careful taking your tools or documents for work, as it may look like your actively seeking work and decline entry to Oz. Surely those potential employers have tools you can use if you need to demonstrate skills. Oz entry is very strict and check everything so ensure you have the right visa, i doubt a tourist visa will allow this, though upon entry whos going to know but is a risk so be careful . Good luck with your search x

Agreed. Personally I wouldn't even go looking for trade jobs as it is unusual (unless it is big company) for the companies to be eligible to sponsor, even if they want to. Your money would be far better spent applying for your own visa.

Archived