British & Irish Lions Tour - where will people be gathering to watch the matches?

ABL275

Hi - tour dates for the lions tour have been released:

June 1 v Barbarians, Hong Kong

June 5 v Western Force, Patersons Stadium, Perth

June 8 v Queensland Reds, Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane

June 11 v Comb NSW-Qld, Country Hunter Stadium, Newcastle, New South Wales

June 15 v NSW Waratahs, Allianz Stadium, Sydney

June 18 v ACT Brumbies, Canberra Stadium, Canberra

June 22 (First Test) v Australia, Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane

June 25 v Melbourne, AAMI Park, Melbourne

June 29 (Second Test) v Australia, Etihad Stadium, Melbourne

July 6 (Third Test) v Australia, ANZ Stadium, Sydney

Myself and a friend would be really keen to get together with other Lions fans to watch the tests and the Brumbies match in a dcent pub somewhere - are there any haunts at which the Poms traditionally gather or do we just decide closer to the day?

For the Sydney Test there will be a lot of Lions fans drinking at the NSW Rugby Club. That's at the Circular Quay end of George Street in a tiny side street just before you get to Circular Quay. They'll be all over The Rocks as well.

I think the other cities will probably acquire a few meeting places organically - that's what seemed to happen last time.

I'll be at Canberra for the Brumbies game, Brisbane for the 1st Test, Sydney for the 3rd. That NSW Rugby Club sounds great for the afternoon before the Sydney game.

Wouldn't mind finding somewhere in Canberra for the Melbourne test on 29th....a big club maybe in Woden or Belco ?

We were thinking maybe PJ O'Reilly's in Civic or even Tuggers? Plenty of TV screens and plenty of standing room - plus if we managed to organise a mass arrival of Poms we might get to take the place over and make it a bit of Blighty for the night? What do you think?

• 1 month later...
Anyone looking to meet up for the game tomorrow in the Canberra area? Pom meet up possibly for the game?

Sent from my iPhone Living the dream

Thre will be about half a dozen of us meeting up in PJ O'Reilly's in Civic to watch the Brisbane test there

Archived