6 wks to go! ( Feeling very nervous)

adamexmouth

My wife, son and i are moving to dee why nsw in 6 wks. I'm starting to feel very nervous. The enormity of the move is just starting to hit me. Am I doing the right thing dragging my wife an son across to the other side of the world? . My wife & boy have never been before. We are leaving secure jobs, nice home. Lets hope it all goes well. Otherwise my head will be on the chopping board!

Is your wife happy to be going?

No one here can tell you if you are doing the right thing, but we can all certainly wish you the best with your move here and that nerves are a very normal part of the process when making such a big change.

Guest Ptp113
My wife, son and i are moving to dee why nsw in 6 wks. I'm starting to feel very nervous. The enormity of the move is just starting to hit me. Am I doing the right thing dragging my wife an son across to the other side of the world? . My wife & boy have never been before. We are leaving secure jobs, nice home. Lets hope it all goes well. Otherwise my head will be on the chopping board!

​So tell us, where do you think you're moving to?

Guest chris955

Its perfectly normal to be nervous, it is a huge move and there are obviously no guarantees. I hope it all works out for you all.

Guest Ptp113
This is the second time you have written the same sentence in a week..not very helpful!

A month actually. And it's very helpful to those with the intellect to understand what I'm getting at.

only you can make that call...nerves are normal...to be expected. If you wife is on board give it a go...adventure or something longer term.. Good luck!

Hi

My husband, myself and our 3 yr old have moved to Melbourne just 6 months ago, having never been to Australia at all. We sold up in the UK and just went for it, having no plans to return! For me its been an attitude and state of mind. Its different here, lots of things I prefer as my lifestyle fits here, I love been outside, walking, cycling, running, horse riding and I enjoy doing all of this in much better weather here!!!

I feel my little boy can be a kid here, starting school later, playing in the sea and sand for the last 6 months. But we came here with the mind set that this is "home" it will work, and I will throw myself into everything and anything, yes I miss friends/family but I try to remind myself of what I love here.

I had loads of ..omg what are we doing!!! but I can honestly say I have not regretted making the move, just wish I came sooner! Its a fabulous place to live.

Enjoy x

We're moving to Bella Vista NSW, and we leave 6 weeks today as well!

We keep getting butterflies in our stomach when we think about it! We started doing the big clear out at the weekend, and have been to the tip twice so far. I know only time will tell but we're all pretty sure we're doing the right thing. I can't wait to be able to spend my weekends out and about exploring the many beaches and parks, not to mention the Hunter Valley wine region and the Blue Mountains!

Archived