Is a signed job spec enough for aphra from employer

minnie659

​The clinical sister will sign my cv and will do a letter for reference. Can she say am in charge of 12-15 patients and job spec (what we use for vacancies) attached and signed? Otherwise we are not sure what she should write. There will be dates of employment, fitness to work and I work full time. I already obtain a letter from hr that states my employment dates, job title and no working restrictions.

Another issue is we do not have letter headed paper :0(, due to the trust deficit we have letter head scanned onto word documents and all correspondence is on black letter head paper. It does look like a photocopy, but it is an original. Do you think they need to write this is an original. I'm terrified aphra will not believe that we do not have specific letter head paper.

Hi Minnie.

Make sure your CV is in the Australian format.

Also make sure that the reference letter is in this format your job spec is not enough; You need to make sure it has the English stuff at the bottom! The below was accepted by AHPRA. with regards to the letter head; so long as it has one and the company logo and an indented signature you'll be ok. You will need all these signed by a notary public or a JP (Magistrate) A magistrate is cheaper. They will sign to say they've sighted the originals in the case of your passport photocopies etc. but will sign on the original for this. You'll be ok if you use the below as a template. It's important that you have all of the added stuff on there rather than just the job spec.

Date

To Whom It May Concern:

Such and Such Hospital has employed FULL NAME in the capacity of JOB TITLE (IN THIS CASE MIDWIFE) since DATE until present working ?? hrs a week.

Name is competent as a Job Title in his/her duties, working with TYPE OF PATIENTS AND WARD(pregnant women and their families on the Labour Ward).

NAME has demonstrated his/her knowledge, skill, judgement and care in the following areas;

list your skills - below is those for for a midwife so you get the idea of things you overlook

Measuring Blood Pressure (BP), Pulse, and Temperature

Administration of Oral Medicines

Administration of Intramuscular Injections

Administration of Intravenous Therapy

Administration of Blood Transfusion

Venipuncture

Perennial Suturing

Blood glucose (BG) monitoring

Bed making

Personal Care

Interpersonal skills

Catheterization

Breastfeeding

Wound Care

Patient Assessment

Recognizing Acute Illness, Deterioration, and Emergencies

Obstetric Emergencies

As well all standard job title procedures and practices.

Our hospital operates using the English language and Name has an excellent command of the English language both written and verbally.

Yours Faithfully

name

job title

Hi,

thank you so much for your help. I'm getting really nervous now.

I have done cv in accordance with the aphra guidelines. I'll have to look that I have actually listed like below. It does really help. I will ask my clinical sister to write this. This letter also needs to be signed by the notary? I have still been unable to get an appt with a magistrate, will try again Monday. Notary is charging £65.00' but not sure she knows how much there is to sign. Does the notary also need to sign my cv and my aphra application form?

Hi Minnie.

Also make sure that the reference letter is in this format your job spec is not enough; You need to make sure it has the English stuff at the bottom! The below was accepted by AHPRA. with regards to the letter head; so long as it has one and the company logo and an indented signature you'll be ok. You will need all these signed by a notary public or a JP (Magistrate) A magistrate is cheaper. They will sign to say they've sighted the originals in the case of your passport photocopies etc. but will sign on the original for this. You'll be ok if you use the below as a template. It's important that you have all of the added stuff on there rather than just the job spec.

Date

To Whom It May Concern:

Such and Such Hospital has employed FULL NAME in the capacity of JOB TITLE (IN THIS CASE MIDWIFE) since DATE until present working ?? hrs a week.

Name is competent as a Job Title in his/her duties, working with TYPE OF PATIENTS AND WARD(pregnant women and their families on the Labour Ward).

NAME has demonstrated his/her knowledge, skill, judgement and care in the following areas;

list your skills - below is those for for a midwife so you get the idea of things you overlook

Venipuncture

Perennial Suturing

Bed making

Personal Care

Interpersonal skills

Catheterization

Breastfeeding

Wound Care

Patient Assessment

Obstetric Emergencies

Our hospital operates using the English language and Name has an excellent command of the English language both written and verbally.

Yours Faithfully

name

job title

you sign CV, i never got CV, letter from employer or ahpra application notarized/certified. My letter from employer was very short and just stated that i was a full time staff nurse on an acute admissions unit, the dates and salary, that was enough. Good luck x

I went to Preston Magistrates and it was £25 they signed about 30 pages.

It's best to get them to sign absolutely everything required on the AHPRA list. Notaries are ridiculously expensive. NIC1171 may have paid the same as we did £25? I think it's a standard rate. Theres no point paying £65 for a notary if you can save money elsewhere. I'm just going to check to see what we got signed.

I paid £25 but for 10 documents only having said that I could of prob hoodwinked them into signing more as its not really regulated that tightly. Im in limbo at mo as my code for nursing was taken off QLD SS so I rebooked ielts in hope of extra points yet today I find out my code is back on wtf! so Ive emailed Qld as I really dont want to resit Ielts! x

im all set to go really, ahpra, visa...job starts the beginning of august and we're flying out on 9th July :D time is dragging now though...

where you headed? We're going to Sydney. Still waiting on Visa to be approved though :/ seems stuck at Health Requirements finalised. :( Realistically we only submitted the e457 on the 2nd April...Medicals were posted rather than uploaded too

• 2 months later...
Hi Minnie.

Date

To Whom It May Concern:

Venipuncture

Perennial Suturing

Bed making

Personal Care

Interpersonal skills

Catheterization

Breastfeeding

Wound Care

Patient Assessment

Obstetric Emergencies

Yours Faithfully

name

job title

Im in the process of doing this and from what is stated on aphra site it states CV to be signed as true and correct attached to statement of service signed by manager,,,,,,,,,,,Is cv signed by manager then as i presumed by myself as its my CV? a little confused on this part after reading this statement of service is clear who it is signed by but CV does not state by who, a little confused by this now thanks x

you sign CV, i never got CV, letter from employer or ahpra application notarized/certified. My letter from employer was very short and just stated that i was a full time staff nurse on an acute admissions unit, the dates and salary, that was enough. Good luck x

This is what i thought and exactly what i have done confused now x

Archived