Entering Australia whilst waiting for a Partner visa

Tulip

I'm a bit thick when it comes to visas. It took me about a year to get my head around the Partner Offshore 309/100, and that long to put together an application for it.

Now I'm looking at leaving a few months before it's granted, but I'm unsure when I'll leave (it could be the end of June, but more likely to be mid-August) and looking at the eVisitor visa 651 (http://www.immi.gov.au/visas/visitor/651/holders.htm). However it seems that I can't extend the visa when I'm out there, which means if my Partner visa doesn't come through and order me offshore to grant, what do I do?! It doesn't seem I can have another eVisitor or extend it?

Advice greatly appreciated!

I'd just apply for the 6 month one. Hopefully that won't come with any conditions.

Or what about the WHV if you want to pay for it and qualify?

If we go over before grant it won't be more than a month before visa grant is due so I would only apply for the 3 month stint. Otherwise I'd apply for the 6 month one.

FWIW, if you look at the calendar you can work out the 8-9 months from application lodged and see where you would be time frame wise on a 3 months tourist visa. I'm sure once you have done your medical and police check and know nothing more is required for your application, that its just pending grant, you can decide when to go and can inform your CO of your plans. Give them a nudge around the 8 month mark so you can liase with when to head off shore and not outstay the tourist visa.

^^ What I would do anyways :)

Sorry, posted that before you I saw yours Snifter! Maybe you're right, I could give her a nudge before the eVisitor is expired and ask her to let me know as otherwise I'll be a little concerned. I don't think it's worth emailing her now about it but maybe after my medical next month I can ask her if all is well and start making plans. I hope so anyway.

I thought visit visa was only for 3 months, didn't know can be up to 12 months.

Pretty much same boat as OP, was planning on asking my partner to come on a visit until she gets her visa.

Any idea what conditions or what you need to do in order to apply for 6 months? I've searched the Aus immi website but found no real information on this (maybe i just wasnt looking at the right place).

Ahhh thank you Snifter! I wasn't aware the 600 visa could be for 6 months, as that would be the obvious answer. NFS conditions, will they interfere at all with my 309/100 do you think? I can't see why but you know I have already made blaringly obvious mistakes with my 309/100 visa (ahem, let's not mention PDF 990).

Will see if I can apply for that closer to the time as if not we'll have to go for the eVisitor instead. Thanks again Snifter!

May I ask in your thread Tulip,

Once we are in Australia and later the visa is granted, we will need to leave Australia for 3 days and go to New zeland lets say... As I am not from the UK, could I enter New Zeland with an Australian tourist visa?

Now visas are electronically sent, why do we need to go overseas? :(

Sorry, posted that before you I saw yours Snifter! Maybe you're right, I could give her a nudge before the eVisitor is expired and ask her to let me know as otherwise I'll be a little concerned. I don't think it's worth emailing her now about it but maybe after my medical next month I can ask her if all is well and start making plans. I hope so anyway.

Its what I plan to do if we decide to head over before the 8-9 month timeframe is up and visa is granted. So long as CO informs me that they require nothing further etc and visa grant in due course then we'll make our plans and decide to ship out early or sit and wait till granted. If we head over early I'd inform CO I was going to Aus so they would know this for visa grant time etc and to liase with heading off shore.

Hopefully it is like that? :/

Should I ask the case officer or ?

Thanks

You don't ask your CO that sort of thing. Its not for them to give you that information. Its all out there on the internet to find freely if someone on here can't help or you want to find out for yourself :)

Read the NZ immigration website would be your best bet. They are their own country and have their own visas and immigration laws :)

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/

You don't ask your CO that sort of thing. Its not for them to give you that information. Its all out there on the internet to find freely if someone on here can't help or you want to find out for yourself :)

Read the NZ immigration website would be your best bet. They are their own country and have their own visas and immigration laws :)

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/

Thanks! :) more to investigate wow :) apart from the funds I need to show for the tourist visa to Australia , now New Zeland...well :)

NFS = No Further Stay

If this condition is applied to your visa, you will be unable to make an application for an onshore visa (e.g. an 801/820 partner visa), and will have to leave Australia when your visa expires.

Archived