turned away not tasmanian

buster11

• 1 month later...

Sounds about right!!!! Yeah use a bit more bogan slang,and you might be ok;)

Shiploads have some great Mullet wigs in stock, maybe get one of them and wear your best singlet,the one that has dinner down the front,should be ok.

Oh and make sure you smell of Jim Beam from the night before,,,,thats very important.

Good Luck ;)

Edited by Sapphire

Sounds about right!!!! Yeah use a bit more bogan slang,and you might be ok;)

Shiploads have some great Mullet wigs in stock, maybe get one of them and wear your best singlet,the one that has dinner down the front,should be ok.

Oh and make sure you smell of Jim Beam from the night before,,,,thats very important.

Good Luck ;)

Well, but after he's done all that won't the one head and four fingers and a thumb on each hand still give him away?

• 3 weeks later...
Do you definately know though that you are infact being turned away cause you're not a native???Don't they have laws for that kind of thing?

I recently saw a job vacancy advertised from a fairly decent sized construction contractor which said 'only Australian and NZ citizens need apply' so it wouldn't really suprise me!

I recently saw a job vacancy advertised from a fairly decent sized construction contractor which said 'only Australian and NZ citizens need apply' so it wouldn't really suprise me!

Wow,is that because though they want more "permanant"employee's?Afterall there are plenty of immigrants who have become citizens?

Wow,is that because though they want more "permanant"employee's?Afterall there are plenty of immigrants who have become citizens?

Oh, I don't know the in's and outs of it. I only read the advert. I can understand that they want someone with Australian employment rights without going down the 457 route but what about all the Permanent Residents.. I don't think they should have put such a requirement in their advert. It sounded a bit... wrong!