Partner points

mel73

Hi, I'm booked for the ielts test and was wondering whether my wife can also sit the test to boost my/our points for emigration. My wife worked as a pa for 20 years and in that time had no certification. Is there any way she can achieve points on my application?

Her getting ielts won't make any difference, for you to get points she would have to pass skills assessment I think. Which as far as I know would mean that she would have to get qualifications we thought about it but it was too expensive for the sake of 5 points so we didn't bother.

Also both of you should have your assessed anzsco code in same OL (occupation list). Don't bother - if you already have

55 points if applying for 190 Visa

60 points if applying for 189 Visa

Best of luck for IELTS!

She would need a skill that's on the same SOL as yours, and would have to have her skills assessed, hold a UK passport to prove English language etc. Don't think IELTS would be much use points-wise.

We are both teachers, and need the extra 5 points, so we are both having our teaching skills assessed at the moment - one as main applicant and one as partner skills.

If you look on the DIAC website, it shows what you need to claim partner skills points.

Good luck with the IELTS ! :)

Archived