Anything worth buying to ship back to UK?

Is there anything cheaper or better in Oz worth buying to ship back?

I love Crocs and I assume they are cheaper here so going to stock up and Zierra shoes but any other ideas. A friend who returned last year said lots of Smiggle stuff!

I was thinking maybe a tent, we gave ours away when we left the UK and camping with the heat and insects esp mossies haf no appeal to my OH so I just bought a two man but I do think they are cheaper/better here.

Anyone who has returned regretted not bringing something? Pkease share!

Ugg boots much cheaper here, surf brand clothes are cheaper. Agree with smiggle. Tim tams, twisties, vegemite and other aussie food! Pearl jewelry. Anything aboriginal - would be quite nice to have a picture to remind you of Oz.

Guest chris955

I cant think of much to be honest, most electrical stuff, white goods etc are comparable and most stuff is made for a global market anyway so quality doesnt really differ. Perhaps a rotary clothesline, the ones here are pretty weak.

You can buy a hills hoist in the UK see this there are also other sites that sell them, http://www.greenergardensolutions.co.uk/products-page/washing-lines/rotary-washing-lines/

However some things like blades and discs for tools if you are bringing them back UK sizes don't always fit. Try a UK internet sites if you need this sort of thing to find out what you can and cannot find. I had the same problem taking tools to Oz.

One thing we found here is Lucas Paw Paw ointment can't get that in the UK, almost a miracle cure for skin complaints.

Get a couple of new high end lap tops / tablets. make sure they are open and being used so that you dont have to pay tax. That would save you a few quid

tumble dryer :biggrin: got ours from masters
Are they cheaper in Australia? I would have thought there'd be less demand here therefore more expensive.Anyway it's a moot point, our UK house doesn't have room for one,Does anyone know the deal on white goods warranties when you move! Unfortunately we had to buy a new washer and it has a 2 year warranty - the brand is Haier (Chinese) and it is serviced by Fisher and Pakel. I don't recall those brands in the UK so thinking we might be better off selling it??

Ugg boots much cheaper here, surf brand clothes are cheaper. Agree with smiggle. Tim tams, twisties, vegemite and other aussie food! Pearl jewelry. Anything aboriginal - would be quite nice to have a picture to remind you of Oz.
Ugg boots I have thought about - I don't like traditional ones but I saw some biker style ones (by Ugg) and did think they might keep my toes toastie in the Scottish winter!I had thought about Pearl jewelry, Opal too and Aboriginal art - all nice to have money depending!My OH is a photographer, his main work is portraits and fashion but he did have two location shots selected for the Fremantle council calendar so I commissioned him to take some iconic photos which we'll have printed and framed once we're back.I'm sure a few packets of Tim Tams will come with us :) Vegemite - yuck!

Ugg boots I have thought about - I don't like traditional ones but I saw some biker style ones (by Ugg) and did think they might keep my toes toastie in the Scottish winter!I had thought about Pearl jewelry, Opal too and Aboriginal art - all nice to have money depending!My OH is a photographer, his main work is portraits and fashion but he did have two location shots selected for the Fremantle council calendar so I commissioned him to take some iconic photos which we'll have printed and framed once we're back.I'm sure a few packets of Tim Tams will come with us :) Vegemite - yuck!

I bet if you asked people they'd all want uggs, you could bring a suitcase over full of them and make a profit lol

I bet if you asked people they'd all want uggs, you could bring a suitcase over full of them and make a profit lol

A stall at the Barras? I think UK customs might have something to say :) You've made me think though I should ask my friiends - anything you want Stacey?

Lol haha you've got to love the barras! They might let you away with it - just tell them you have a addiction! ;) you could bring me some chicken salt over lol. My dads cousin from melbourne is coming over to glasgow in 2 weeks and i told him to bring me some over but dont think he thinks im serious! Im going to see if i can buy it online, like the sound of it

You can buy a hills hoist in the UK see this there are also other sites that sell them, http://www.greenergardensolutions.co.uk/products-page/washing-lines/rotary-washing-lines/

However some things like blades and discs for tools if you are bringing them back UK sizes don't always fit. Try a UK internet sites if you need this sort of thing to find out what you can and cannot find. I had the same problem taking tools to Oz.

One thing we found here is Lucas Paw Paw ointment can't get that in the UK, almost a miracle cure for skin complaints.

Thanks for the advice, I agree the rotary driers are much better here so good to know you can get decent ones in the UK. No trade tools for us, my OH's DIY tools came with us so I guess they'll be going back!

I'm going to try the Paw Paw ointment now! Funny there were many things I missed when I came here, E45 cream being one but you find new things and adapt and I can't even remember most of the things I used now and I've been back 3 timesin 4 years!

Get a couple of new high end lap tops / tablets. make sure they are open and being used so that you dont have to pay tax. That would save you a few quid

I'm intrigued by this, is that because laptops/tablets are cheaper in Oz? We have ancient desktops/laptops and plan to replace them when we got back - I bought a new Asus laptop at Harvey Norman and it packed up beyond repair after a few months, in the mean time I had got a laptop issued from work so I opted for a refund (I'd got it on interest free credit so it was better not to have to pay it off before we left) - it sounds like you're suggesting it would be better to buy one to take back but on the other hand what if it packed up after a few months again?

Lol haha you've got to love the barras! They might let you away with it - just tell them you have a addiction! ;) you could bring me some chicken salt over lol. My dads cousin from melbourne is coming over to glasgow in 2 weeks and i told him to bring me some over but dont think he thinks im serious! Im going to see if i can buy it online, like the sound of it

Chicken salt, yep not seen that anywhere else in the world! Not sure what the UK rules would be on bringing some in - I could see it doing well in chippys! I've had it once on chips and it was pretty tasty but just hoping there was no actually chicken in it as I'm a veggie - it was a mistake and I haven't risked it since, though I'm pretty sure it'll just be flavoring.

Akubra hats

Way cheaper and more choice here

You have to be a hat person I guess

:wink:

I've no idea what it is so I guess I'm not a hat person! LOL

Personally found Uggs are more expensive over here.They dont have the colours and styles you can get in the UK.

When our 12 yr old niece was here last year ,she was told many of the styles are made for export only !!!!

Is this the genuine Uggs or copies? The ones I like are $350 but they are genuine Uggs.

I'm intrigued by this, is that because laptops/tablets are cheaper in Oz? We have ancient desktops/laptops and plan to replace them when we got back - I bought a new Asus laptop at Harvey Norman and it packed up beyond repair after a few months, in the mean time I had got a laptop issued from work so I opted for a refund (I'd got it on interest free credit so it was better not to have to pay it off before we left) - it sounds like you're suggesting it would be better to buy one to take back but on the other hand what if it packed up after a few months again?

I am confused by this as well, as i find computer equipment to be expensive in Oz

Warranties are null and void on things like white goods. I'd personally not bother.

Check if you buy computers of any kind also. May well not be valid warranty wise. You can buy decent ones over here for reasonable prices.