whats butler like

jonandsarah

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chris955
God help you if you ever went to aberdeen lol

I would take an interpreter. I will give you a call if we find ourselves up that way.

Guest Guest26012
oh dear i opened a whole can of worms here never wanted this to turn into an arugment. Just wanted to know what butler was like eeks

Not your fault at all! You'll always get varied opinions on different areas, best to listen to the people that live there in my opinion.

Just because someone lives somewhere and says it's great that does not really mean it is. That's just there opinion. Best advice is when you come rent a holiday home nowhere near Butler but close to the CBD if possible then have a look at houses and go visit the suburb, go to the pub the supermarkets etc and see what the locals are like and judge for yourselves. A lot will depend on where you work as to where you live. For example if you live in Butler and work in the industrial areas to the South or East your commute will be 1-2 hrs each way. I have spent a lot of time looking at suburbs since i arrived and i still do. I started North in Mindarie and now live in the South near Cockburn.

Guest Guest26012
Just because someone lives somewhere and says it's great that does not really mean it is. That's just there opinion. Best advice is when you come rent a holiday home nowhere near Butler but close to the CBD if possible then have a look at houses and go visit the suburb, go to the pub the supermarkets etc and see what the locals are like and judge for yourselves. A lot will depend on where you work as to where you live. For example if you live in Butler and work in the industrial areas to the South or East your commute will be 1-2 hrs each way. I have spent a lot of time looking at suburbs since i arrived and i still do. I started North in Mindarie and now live in the South near Cockburn.

And equally, just because someone says its not a nice area then it doesn't mean it is! I would listen to people that live there rather than someone that doesn't. In my opinion!

At the end of the day the only opinion that matters in the context of this thread is the OPs. They have benefited perhaps from the fact there is a lack of accord as to living in Butler.

They will know their preferred lifestyle and a personal visit will hopefully settle the matter. Perth is a rather large sprawling metropolitan with numerous burbs most of which I would avoid at all costs but others will see it through different eyes.

I guess the inflated housing market rules out a lot of places but if they take their time have a few weeks running about getting a feel for the place they'll be in a better decision perhaps to ask further questions.

Guest Guest26012
At the end of the day the only opinion that matters in the context of this thread is the OPs. They have benefited perhaps from the fact there is a lack of accord as to living in Butler.

They will know their preferred lifestyle and a personal visit will hopefully settle the matter. Perth is a rather large sprawling metropolitan with numerous burbs most of which I would avoid at all costs but others will see it through different eyes.

I guess the inflated housing market rules out a lot of places but if they take their time have a few weeks running about getting a feel for the place they'll be in a better decision perhaps to ask further questions.

So they benefit from the lack of accord for living in butler! Geez what a statement! Your comment is snobbish and insulting! How is that helpful? They asked what butler was like? So because you wouldn't live there and other numerous suburbs then that's a balanced view for the op? Don't try to dismiss my comments as though they don't matter?

Guest Guest26012
So its ok for you to love Butler but nobody can comment about reasons why they wouldn't live there? I have gave reasons why i dont like butler can you give me some reasons why someone should live there apart from the fact you live there?

I already said that its a nice area! Look back on the posts! The reasons you gave, I accept, apart from your assumption that anyone who lives here would most likely appreciate it if they came from a high rise council flat in the uk! That gives the impression that its a bad area! If you can't see that then that's sad!

Why is that snobbish and insulting? There is a lack if accord otherwise everyone would be saying they either loved it or hated it. By asking the question the OP has found out it is a suburb that devides people, that is good for them to know, surely?

So they benefit from the lack of accord for living in butler! Geez what a statement! Your comment is snobbish and insulting! How is that helpful? They asked what butler was like? So because you wouldn't live there and other numerous suburbs then that's a balanced view for the op? Don't try to dismiss my comments as though they don't matter?
Edited by Lady Rainicorn

You are testy. Did you read and understood what I wrote? Please enlighten me how writing there has been a lack of accord as being anywhere elitist, snobbish or insulting.

The word accord means agreement. The fact that there was not an agreement either way with the original question suggests an inconclusive opinion. As such the OP would be best suss out the scenario for themselves.

There is no need to be overly defensive about the place as it almost suggests you are ashamed to be associated with it. Some down in Rocki used to be similar.

I already said that its a nice area! Look back on the posts! The reasons you gave, I accept, apart from your assumption that anyone who lives here would most likely appreciate it if they came from a high rise council flat in the uk! That gives the impression that its a bad area! If you can't see that then that's sad!

I agree it is a gross exgaggeration that a chav is to be found around every corner.

Guest Guest26012
Why is that snobbish and insulting? There is a lack if accord otherwise everyone would be saying they either loved it or hated it. By asking the question the OP has found out it is a suburb that devides people, that is good for them to know, surely?

Have you read the whole thread? My anger was at a post assuming that we must have come from a high rise council flat to appreciate living here? I gave my opinion of butler and the nice aspects of it. Of course it's insulting to anyone that lives here! It's good for others to have varied opinions of a suburb, I don't argue with that! I would never diss an area if I had never lived there, simply because, it's not a true reflection. And snobbery plays a big part when commenting on areas. I am trying to provide info for the op on the area! It's been largely jumped on as a bad area and as I live here, I will defend it.

Guest Guest26012
I agree it is a gross exgaggeration that a chav is to be found around every corner.

Now you're just being snobby, again!

Guest Guest26012
You are testy. Did you read and understood what I wrote? Please enlighten me how writing there has been a lack of accord as being anywhere elitist, snobbish or insulting.

The word accord means agreement. The fact that there was not an agreement either way with the original question suggests an inconclusive opinion. As such the OP would be best suss out the scenario for themselves.

There is no need to be overly defensive about the place as it almost suggests you are ashamed to be associated with it. Some down in Rocki used to be similar.

Testy? Lol! And no I'm not ashamed! The prob with this thread is there are none posting that live here. And the op will sus out for themselves, and that's good. There have been threads before about butler and its always the same crap that's spouted, full of Brits, chavs etc. I just get sick of it. The ones that comment have never lived here. I just find that there's an element of snobbery involved when commenting on certain areas. I would love to live in some suburbs in Perth but financially not possible! All I'm trying to say is butler is not a bad place, as I live here I can say that for sure. And I didn't come from a run down council high rise flat in the uk, far from it.

Now you're just being snobby, again!

What's the problem with former council housing tenants touching base in a place like Butler's? It has affordable estates and not too shabby. No one is saying it is populated entirely by such folk as would be totally untrue.

Australian's as English do maintain a postcode snobbery,but I am not one of them.

It is typical of a new estate in Perth. There is a part of Somerley you drive down and see just an ocean of tin roofs on the horizon with very few trees and greenery. This will improve of course over the years but at the moment it's all very new. Infrastructure improving all the time with the freeway and the trainline planned for the next 5-10 years. State schools are average with a new high school just opened in the suburb, currently only taking year 8 students though. Butler actually has less UK born than my own suburb further south. It is affordable living for a lot of different nationalities. If you like clean and new suburbs then it may well suit you. If you prefer older style housing with more amenities close by you may have to look further south.

Guest Guest26012
What's the problem with former council housing tenants touching base in a place like Butler's? It has affordable estates and not too shabby. No one is saying it is populated entirely by such folk as would be totally untrue.

Australian's as English do maintain a postcode snobbery,but I am not one of them.

i never said that former council housing tennants would touch base in butler? Don't know where that one came from? I actually don't think that Ozzies do have a post code snobbery! All my Ozzie friends and colleagues don't care where anyone else lives, whether it be rented or whatever. Or maybe that's because I mix with people that on a par financially with us, I dunno? Maybe if you are in the high range wage income then the post code snobbery happens? I don't consider myself any different to anyone else? I work hard and live according to my means! I live in butler and in a nice house, although we have just sold it to build beachside, nearer Yanchep, and that's just because we had an opportunity to sell and we took it! I would still recommend butler though. I maintain, I would never slam an area if I had never lived there, ever!