Buderim

dragon52

Hi, new to this site.

Does anyone live in or around Buderim?

I would love to be close to the beach, but also live in a place with a sense of community. We are a retired couple in our 50's so we don't have to consider schools. Any thoughts about lifestyle and costs of living in this part of the world would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi and welcome to the forum. Ive moved your post to the Queensland section as we have a few members in Buderim so hopefully they will be along soon. Its a nice area and certainly becoming popular with migrants so im sure you will enjoy what awaits you.

Cal x

Buderim is a lovely place and 5 - 10 mins drive to the beach.

Probably a bit more expensive that other parts of the Coast but it has a great community and if you look for it just about every activity you can imagine is available.

You need to make the effort and its a very welcoming place.

I think it'll tick all the boxes for you.

• 4 weeks later...

I spent a couple of weeks in Buderim last month on a reccie from the UK. I can honestly say that I have never been anywhere I would rather live. It's a great size with everything you need in town, but small enough not to be impersonal. Everyone I spoke to was super friendly. The beach is close enough to be easy to get to, but far enough away from the tourists in Summer. The area is just so beautiful I can't wait to move out and this time bring the family, just need to sell the house and we will be on our way. If you need to stay somewhere short term Hove To is a great B&B in Buderim, reasonable prices and the friendliest hosts you cold hope for -a mine of information.

Archived