I am eligable for wapol but my partner isn't....help?!

RandC

Good afternoon all

C and I are both serving UK police officers. I have 5 years service and C has 9. Having reviewed the WAPOL international recruitment criteria it appears as though C has too much service to make her eligible to apply this time around. If I were to apply and be successful, would WAPOL permit her to migrate to Australia with me as my partner?

What are our best chances of securing a visa for C given that her only career since university has been in the police. She is a qualified detective, sergeant and completed fraud and surveilance courses. C has a 1st degree from Cambridge in Natural Sciences so perhaps this could lead to alternative employment? Alternatively C has a keen interest in equestriansim and would consider a career in this field.

We are really committed to settling down in WA and would appreciate any help that you can offer.

Thanks

R and C

Assuming you're a genuine couple, only one of you needs to be eligible for a visa. The other member of the partnership automatically gets the same visa.

If both members of a couple had to be eligible for migration in their own right there'd be very few families/couples migrating here.

Thanks for the reassuring replies both. I'll be posting my application for WAPOL this week and keeping my fingers crossed. Although there is no space on the application to list C's details. I assume that if i pass the selection process I will then be required to provided WAPOL/DICA with her personal details for the purposes of the visa application...

Archived