Mosman! What's it like?

Amanda87

I think I wanna live in mosman as its close to work (north shore private hospital) and also near the beach (balmoral) does anyone currently live there now? What's it like? And do you have a spare room? Haha....I've only been in sydney 2 weeks so still trying to work out the nice areas to live which aren't going to be too quiet and boring :)

Guest Ptp113
I think I wanna live in mosman as its close to work (north shore private hospital) and also near the beach (balmoral) does anyone currently live there now? What's it like? And do you have a spare room? Haha....I've only been in sydney 2 weeks so still trying to work out the nice areas to live which aren't going to be too quiet and boring :)

Exy, trendy, full of would be if they could be's.

I've been using

http://www.streetadvisor.com.au/

to research areas to live as well as

http://www.cityhobo.com/

The notice boards in Woolies and Coles - Neutral Bay are usually a gold mine for house shares as is the Sydney Morning Herald, The Mosman Daily and of course Gumtree

We quite like living in Mosman. It's pretty quiet compared to some suburbs but not much of a trip to get to the city. It's good to get away from it all!

Although there are plenty of wannabes about we just laugh about it. Reminds me of living in Surrey.

Somewhere near spit junction might be good for you. Lots of apartment blocks and you can use Awaba street to get to the beach. Just be sure to save some energy to get back up!

I've just come back from an evening walk at balmoral :biggrin:

Exy, trendy, full of would be if they could be's.

If you can afford a house in Mosman, I'd say you defintely 'could be!'

What does 'Exy' mean anyway?

You'll probably have more fun in Neutral Bay, or Crows Nest, if you want to stay on the Northside, or live in Surry Hills or Newtown and just get the train to St Leonards for RNS.

Is this what 'exy' means?

EtymologyShortened from expensive +‎ -y.

[h=3][edit] Alternative forms[/h]

[h=3][edit] Adjective[/h]exy (comparative more exy, superlative most exy)

1. (Australia, colloquial, slang) Expensive. [quotations ▼]
    • 1999 March 19, PETER MCALEER, “The Long Kiss Goodnight (R4)”, aus.dvd, Usenet:I am renting my machine, it might be more exy but it gives me time to sus out (with the help of newsgroups like this one), just exactly which machine or brands to focus on + DTS is on the way and despite what some people say, an A-Turn type system would be nice.
    • 2002, Huon Hooke, Ralph Kyte-Powell, The Penguin Good Australian Wine Guide 2001-2002, page 111,The BRL Hardy people have two ranges of wines bearing the Tintara name, the more exxy one with the name Tintara etched into the glass, and this cheaper line, Tintara Cellars.
    • 2003 July 15, Danny Smith, “INFORMATION CANON DIGITAL SLR - SECOND”, aus.photo, Usenet:To their credit they've let me play with a D60, D100, SD9, and 10D and a variety of lenses - slightly different to a pro body and the more exy pro lenses, admittedly :).
    • 2003 December 9, Jock, “Cleaning off a dusty bike - wash or not?”, aus.bicycle, Usenet:You get water in the bb and the bearings get rusty & crunchy = new bb set - cups & balls. Sealed are better though heavier and more exy.

[h=3][edit] Anagrams[/h]

• 7 months later...

Hi All

i know this is an old post but my husband and I are moving to Sydney in January with our 5 month old twins. He'll also be working at Royal North Shore Hospital. Amanda87 where did you end up living? If it was Mosman/ neutral bay what do you think of them? What would anyone else recommend for a family friendly place, near to a beach with cafe culture.

S tricky trying to find somewhere to live when you know nothing about the place!

thanks x

Hi All

i know this is an old post but my husband and I are moving to Sydney in January with our 5 month old twins. He'll also be working at Royal North Shore Hospital. Amanda87 where did you end up living? If it was Mosman/ neutral bay what do you think of them? What would anyone else recommend for a family friendly place, near to a beach with cafe culture.

S tricky trying to find somewhere to live when you know nothing about the place!

thanks x

You could always wait until you get here and then look around. Beachside suburbs are expensive so a lot comes down to budget which you have not mentioned.

We're looking at a budget of $800 a week? Is this feasible for 2 beds and preferably furnished?

Google Furnished rental Mosman. $800 seems to get something decent

Hi All

thanks x

Hi I lived in north sydney for a while which is nice but a business distrct so busy during the week then dead at weekends, I'm now living at Cremorne. I think Neutral bay and Cremorne are nice places to live, plenty if shops, cafés and restaurants around and only 15-20 mins from Balmoral Beach which is one if the nicer beaches especially for children's as it has calm waters. Hope you find this useful :)

amanda

Archived