489 (provisional) visa timeline

barney83

Hi,

I am going to apply for an Australian visa and it will probably be "Skilled - Regional (Provisional) (subclass 489) visa"

I know rules have been changing a lot and now it's using pooling system (EOI). I've calculated and the points i will be getting all is 60 which is the minimum.

Anyone here applied for 489 visa recently during the EOI process? I would like to know what's the timeline from getting your application into the EOI , being selected from the pool and when did you get the visa? Any feed back would be great! thanks!

Hi Barney

well, I have already applied for this visa under new rules and already applied on 25 january'2013 , AS per my knowledge overall it will take 10 - 11 months to get the visa. So, I would suggest you to go for this before the rules changed in july'2013....goodluck :))))

Once you have a positive skills assessment and/or IELTS results and have an EOI, it can all happen very quickly.

We got our positive skills asessment from TRA on 14/11, completed EOI on 15/11 and got the invite to apply on 16/11. CO allocated on 01/01 and meds on 17/01.

Good Luck.

Hi,

I am going to apply for an Australian visa and it will probably be "Skilled - Regional (Provisional) (subclass 489) visa"

I know rules have been changing a lot and now it's using pooling system (EOI). I've calculated and the points i will be getting all is 60 which is the minimum.

Anyone here applied for 489 visa recently during the EOI process? I would like to know what's the timeline from getting your application into the EOI , being selected from the pool and when did you get the visa? Any feed back would be great! thanks!

It depends if you are going for family sponsored or State Nominated. If state nominated you will be automatically be invited once the State Sponsorship has been approved.

Family sponsored you will be pooled and invited with the ranking.

It depends if you are going for family sponsored or State Nominated. If state nominated you will be automatically be invited once the State Sponsorship has been approved.

Family sponsored you will be pooled and invited with the ranking.

I am going for family sponsorship at the moment. The state that i want to live in (WA) took off the job recently i am working now. My family is there so i would want to move to WA, thats why :)

Anyone been though 489 via family sponsorship? I am just afraid they will put in the the pool for a "LONG" time. Hoping i could get it done under 12 months for 489 though with family sponsor instead of state sponsorship. Possible?

• 1 month later...
Guest guest71715

We are going on a 489 subclass state sponsered. We are using an agent. Got tra sucessful skills ass yesterday. Completed draft forms for EOI today . Im really hoping to have the visa granted before the end of august, am I being realist?Would love to book flights for early september .

We are going on a 489 subclass state sponsered. We are using an agent. Got tra sucessful skills ass yesterday. Completed draft forms for EOI today . Im really hoping to have the visa granted before the end of august, am I being realist?Would love to book flights for early september .

Congrats on getting a positive from TRA.

The time that it will take to get an invitation will depend upon how many others have applied in your occupation and what the highest points score is. We received our 489 invitation the day we completed our EOI and the visa four months later (this was due to meds being referred) otherwise it would have been most probably been two months after.

I would not book any flights until you have the visa.

Good Luck

Hi Barney

well, I have already applied for this visa under new rules and already applied on 25 january'2013 , AS per my knowledge overall it will take 10 - 11 months to get the visa. So, I would suggest you to go for this before the rules changed in july'2013....goodluck :))))

Hi Cheena -Is your application assigned to Case Offcer? even i lodged visa application on 21 Jan but i am still waiting for CO... i checked they have even reduced the allocation times from 10 weeks to 8 weeks. bit tensed; cant even wait... share your application status...!!!

We submitted our state sponsored 489 visa application for SA on 19 March and are just waiting to be allocated a case officer, it has been 7 weeks. Fingers crossed it won't be too much longer now.

Edited by rickjoann

Guest guest71715

Quick question. Ive looked at the regions we are able to go to under the terms of the 489 and found one we quite fancy living in. It is regional so therefore not a big town. What I don't understand is are we restricted to live "and" work in this area or just live there? Because my OH is a plasterer so this doesn't make sense. He will be working for himself so how can he say where the jobs are going to take him.

On the Department of immigration and citizenship website under skillselect it gives you all the information on each visa and it says that The 489 visa is valid for four years, and a visa holder must live and work in a specified regional area. Hope that helps.