TRA info required

The Adamsons

I've been looking through the TRA guidelines as we're preparing our 2nd application, got a question regarding proof of paid employment. They dont state how far back you need to provide this information for. I have last years P60 and all payslips for the last year, I have other payslips and P60's but not them all. I also have a reference from my employer stating how long I have worked there and how much I get paid.

Will this be sufficient?

I've been looking through the TRA guidelines as we're preparing our 2nd application, got a question regarding proof of paid employment. They dont state how far back you need to provide this information for. I have last years P60 and all payslips for the last year, I have other payslips and P60's but not them all. I also have a reference from my employer stating how long I have worked there and how much I get paid.

Will this be sufficient?

How many years are you claiming experience for?

We sent 10 years worth of tax information. We could not produce paperwork for 2002 so we did a Stat Dec to cover this period.

If you speak to the Inland Revenue they might be able to provide you with the copy records that you need. We spoke to them and they said they could only provide as far back as 2003 for my husband. All they asked for was his full name and NI number.

Good Luck.

Hiya

They will want proof for each year you are claiming. You should be able to get copies of p60s from tax office, the employer letter has to be ridiculously detailed we failed first time partly because of that, so I copied and pasted the anzsco job description into the letter as well as a load of mundane info. If your not sure email them and ask if what you have is what they're after they won't give you a definite answer but you'll know your on the right track

Good luck with it it's a nightmare I know!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the info folks, I didnt realise Ihad to produce evidence of how long I've been in the job for, I knew I had to at some point but not this early, every day is a school day isnt it. Oh well I guess I better contact the tax office tomorrow, thanks.

How many years are you claiming experience for?

We sent 10 years worth of tax information. We could not produce paperwork for 2002 so we did a Stat Dec to cover this period.

If you speak to the Inland Revenue they might be able to provide you with the copy records that you need. We spoke to them and they said they could only provide as far back as 2003 for my husband. All they asked for was his full name and NI number.

Good Luck.

As far as i know with TRA you just have to claim 3 years of work ,when you submit EOI and you claim points for years of work then you send your proves.

Am i correct?

As far as i know with TRA you just have to claim 3 years of work ,when you submit EOI and you claim points for years of work then you send your proves.

Am i correct?

I think the general rule is provide as much info as humanly possible, and with a fair amount of detail, the TRA guide I downloaded quoted as follows:

Employment will be recognised as meeting the TRA Migration Skills Assessment requirements if it is:

1. paid, full-time (or equivalent) employment

2. relevant to the nominated occupation

3. performed at the required skill level for Australian industry standards

4. for at least three years, including 12 months in the last two years.

As for the original post questions, you need to provide pay evidence for every year you are claiming for. If you do not have your P60's etc, you can contact your tax office and they must provide details by law. I had to do this for some of my missing years, I received a very fast reply and my evidence was accepted by TRA. There is a couple of guides on the TRA website to help you fill out your application. If you haven't already downloaded them, or you can't find them, I have the copies from when I applied Sept/Oct 2012 on my laptop and if you PM me I'll happily email them to you.

Am i correct?

We wanted to claim enough points for at least 8 years in profession so had to send evidence to proof we had this, even to the point that they asked for 3 references for each year so had to send a total of 24 plus the 3 detailed. They normally take the tax info as proof as it is really concrete evidence that you have been X for so many years. As Caz says the employer letter has to be very detailed (ours was four pages long) for the employment and one page for the training. My husband did Stat Decs for his part. He did 3 in total. One for tax, one for training and one for work history.

We sent a ringbinder of stuff and got through first time and my husband already had the Australian qualification (AQF III) so should have been a lot more straightforward. A couple of others also had the Aussie qualification the same as us, but still had to produce everything including the kitchen sink.

I am sure you have sufficient evidence, but TRA love detail and they won't be happy until they get it.

Good Luck

Hi. Couple of questions re; the TRA

Online or Post better? I know online is slightly cheaper, and can track your application, but I feel by posting I can present it better, with more information.Any preferences?

If I send away insufficent forms etc, and they arent happy....is this classed as a rejection and I would have to pay the extra x amount to reapply??

The employer letter that a previous post mentioned....what is this??? I have references from previous employers back til around 2002, and I was going to describe the job, tasks etc myself. would this be enough?

I have photographs, a few P60's, Apprentice Certs, other Course Certs. College certs. Do you think this is sufficent??

And does anyone have the number for the tax office in the UK then!!! as the 08000 number they have online get me through to no-one!!!!!! im in Aberdeen!

Thanks in advance. any help/etc greatly appreciated. Hope to have things sent away by mid april

Hi CowlingAFC,

When I applied last year postal was the only option, as was cheque payment. I would say I'd agree with you that sending hard copy is a better way to present it but the option to track it also sounds appealing (doesn't it Candygirl?). So really can't offer advice there, sorry.

If you send it I believe it is supposed to be what they class as 'decision ready' (well at least that was the case when I applied last September). In other words they judge it as it stands and if they're not happy they'll reject it and you'll have to pay for the appeal.

With the employer letter/statement, again this is TRA, they are very particular and they like things done in a certain way. There is info in the PDF document you can download from their website that details what info they expect. I do have last years copy I can send you if you want, just PM me and I'll sort it out with you. The references won't do any harm as supporting evidence, the more you can hit them with the better your chances. There is also info as to what the minimum info they require is in the document I have. There may be a newer form, if you follow this link

http://www.innovation.gov.au/Skills/SkillsAssessment/TradesRecognitionAustralia/MigrationSkillsAssessment/Pages/default.aspx

it will take you to TRA website with details of forms to download, costs etc.

As for getting my P60 evidence I just wrote to my local tax office requesting the pay evidence for years x,y&z and they replied within 2 weeks.

Hope all this helps

Hi there hope everything goes well with getting TRA documents sorted out.

Just thought i would mention that being self employed is slightly worse than what the paid emloyment guys go through, or so i feel. We need to provide at least 3 detailed customer references; at least 3 invoice / quotes from 3 seperate customers and then into the bargain at least 3 other customer contact details for each year of self employment which cant be the same as the 3 quotes; letters from accountants past and present aswell as accounts and tax returns for each year; at least 3 suppliers letters, also any other supporting evidence and a sworn personal statement. all of these which need to be certified by solicitor etc. On top of this the actual TRA application form into the bargain. I dont think ive ever written so much information in my life, felt as if i had been transported back to my school days. hopefully will be worth it.

Hi there hope everything goes well with getting TRA documents sorted out.

Just thought i would mention that being self employed is slightly worse than what the paid emloyment guys go through, or so i feel. We need to provide at least 3 detailed customer references; at least 3 invoice / quotes from 3 seperate customers and then into the bargain at least 3 other customer contact details for each year of self employment which cant be the same as the 3 quotes; letters from accountants past and present aswell as accounts and tax returns for each year; at least 3 suppliers letters, also any other supporting evidence and a sworn personal statement. all of these which need to be certified by solicitor etc. On top of this the actual TRA application form into the bargain. I dont think ive ever written so much information in my life, felt as if i had been transported back to my school days. hopefully will be worth it.

Ha ha, oh the memories. Yes we remember it well. My OH is self employed too and we do seem to have to jump through the hoops. The maj of our paperwork was in Spanish, so we also had the pleasure of getting it translated into English and then certified (another expense).

Re the self employed, they are a lot more stringent. I cannot express how much TRA love their detail. It took us two months to collate our paperwork, testimonials and tax information.

As well as photos, we also posted videos on YouTube and sent these links. We did this for our AQF III and the college tutor said he found this to be invaluable in his assessment of my husband, so we did the same for TRA. Our OH's trade is not clear cut for TRA and they would not consider assessing him until he actually had the Australian qualification beforehand, so if he could get through.

If you have the slightest query, as has been said, contact TRA and ask them. Once you send those papers off, you will be in for a long wait and they won't contact you to ask for additional information, they will just send you a letter by snail post saying No and you will then need to apply and pay again.

I think the new system of being able to upload the documents online sounds brilliant and a lot quicker, but I think I would still send hard copies. We sent a ringbinder (it would take me until Christmas to upload all this information online). I would not have confidence that all my documents would be uploaded successfully either, so another reason to send a hard copy.

We also sent a covering letter giving a brief account of what they would find in the ringbinder. Also remember whoever certifies your documents, get them to do a covering note/letter saying who they are. We did not think of this. The solicitor we used had done certification for Oz before and said they like that.

Mark - I have sent you a copy of our document list so that you have an idea of what we sent also.

Hi Candygirl

I am just at the beginning of trying to get our TRA skills assesment sorted, my partners a self employed solid plasterer, would you be able to send me that document list too? I have been reading these websites for a while now and you seem to be the TRA expert ;-)

Thanks

Hi Candygirl

I am just at the beginning of trying to get our TRA skills assesment sorted, my partners a self employed solid plasterer, would you be able to send me that document list too? I have been reading these websites for a while now and you seem to be the TRA expert ;-)

Thanks

Ha Ha, Thanks, but we are no experts!!! You will see that I asked a mountain of questions and it was with a lot of help from PIO and patience that we got through TRA first time. I am happy to send you the list. Send me a PM with your email on and I will get it off to you. Happy to help Lorraine x

Sorry another question - I turn 40 in June so is it the case that once I apply to VETASSESS then I will not loose the 10 points (for being too old ;)) or is it at the stage of lodging for residency visa?

Your points are calculated at the point you receive your invitation to apply. So basically you have 3 months to get your skills assessments, IELTS and any other evidence you need for claiming points in place.

I basically sent everything i could get my hands on to prove all the years in employment, luckily my wifes a hoarder and i had shed loads to show. gd luck mate

:notworthy: This is basically what they should be saying to people. We sent everything bar the kitchen sink. We didn't want there to be any doubt that my husband could do what he says he can do.

Behind every man there is a great woman!!!:wink:

I am a bit of a hoarder so I have everything I need (I think)! Got all certificates of qualifications copied and will have solicitor verify today. Have certificate of self-employment but accounts wise i don't know what they ask for? Also got previous employer on the ball with references, etc - l uckily we get on very well and keep in contact ;)

Am i right in saying that you can go back 10yrs of work experience? I will approach that employer too for reference just in case!

Thanks for the help and I'm sure I will have more questions!!!:chatterbox:

I am a bit of a hoarder so I have everything I need (I think)! Got all certificates of qualifications copied and will have solicitor verify today. Have certificate of self-employment but accounts wise i don't know what they ask for? Also got previous employer on the ball with references, etc - l uckily we get on very well and keep in contact ;)

Am i right in saying that you can go back 10yrs of work experience? I will approach that employer too for reference just in case!

Thanks for the help and I'm sure I will have more questions!!!:chatterbox:

For self employed you need a letter from your accountant to say what you do and how long you've been operating, your notices of assessment from the tax office, 3 statements from suppliers, 3 references from clients also stating what you do on headed paper if possible, 3 invoices and quotations, contact details for3 clients for each year you are claiming and a statutory declaration explaining in detail what you do and how long you've been doing it. We failed 1st time you cannot give tra too much info! The most mundane of details that may seem obvious still have to be written. We also ended up sending written refs for each year as they said they couldn't verify the addresses I also sent a letter when reapplying stating that Irish addresses are hard to verify as they are often just a name and townland and the postman just figures it out. Can't think of anything else will check back later when I have the laptop and file in front of me

Solicitor is doing me a letter stating business to and from dates and reference for me. I have just had my accounts finalised by accountant so have to now submit to tax office but I can provide them with accounts if they accept as on disc. Was in business 2 years so I need 2 references from clients as I was the supplier of service. I have a stat declaration done on my job spec. Let me know if you can think of anything else! :eek: this is going to be long!

Hiya

If you don't have any suppliers I'd get a few more client references if I were you I didn't have our accounts for the year done yet but got the letter from accountant to say we were still in business so as long as your letter states that you're still in business and you explain that they've been submitted you should be fine. Not knowing the nature of the business I can't really advise on statements from clients or suppliers or quotations

Archived