489 Visa Granted!!

As of yesterday, we are now the proud owners of a 489 visa!!

Very excited, but what we want to know now is do we all have to enter at the same time, or OH go first (he's the main visa holder), and us to follow? Will the case officer be able to give us this information? It doesn't say anything on the visa grant.

If anyone knows where I can find out the info, please could you let us know.

Many thanks:smile:

:ssign19: Congratulations. I have said it on the other thread, but hey joyous news so why not say it twice!!

Does it not say on the grant notice when you have to enter before?

I believe that you all need to enter before the activation date. If your husband is planning on going before the activation date and you say follow in a few weeks, you are still going before the activation date so should be OK.

I thought it said the visa needs to be activated by ???? People have told me when they need to be out there by. I would speak to the CO to save any confusion.

Good Luck xx

:ssign19: Congratulations. I have said it on the other thread, but hey joyous news so why not say it twice!!

Does it not say on the grant notice when you have to enter before?

I believe that you all need to enter before the activation date. If your husband is planning on going before the activation date and you say follow in a few weeks, you are still going before the activation date so should be OK.

I thought it said the visa needs to be activated by ???? People have told me when they need to be out there by. I would speak to the CO to save any confusion.

Good Luck xx

Thanks Candygirl, your's can't be long off now, the wording on the grant letter is :-

Visa Grant Date 08 March 2013

Initial Stay Date 08 March 2017

Must Make First Entry to Australia Before 14 February 2014

Must Not Arrive After 08 March 2017

Travel Facility Multiple

Visa Conditions 8539 - MUST LIVE/WRK/STDY IN RGNL AREA

Think I'll double check withe the C/O, just to be sure. Not sure if he will go first, but if he can get a job he may as well go first as I've just got to finish off a 3 month contract.

Good luck, everything crossed for you, but sure you will be fine.

Thanks Candygirl, your's can't be long off now, the wording on the grant letter is :-

Visa Grant Date 08 March 2013

Initial Stay Date 08 March 2017

Must Make First Entry to Australia Before 14 February 2014

Must Not Arrive After 08 March 2017

Travel Facility Multiple

Visa Conditions 8539 - MUST LIVE/WRK/STDY IN RGNL AREA

Think I'll double check withe the C/O, just to be sure. Not sure if he will go first, but if he can get a job he may as well go first as I've just got to finish off a 3 month contract.

Good luck, everything crossed for you, but sure you will be fine.

No he doesn't have to go first - the 8502 conditions (which you dont have), just means that main applicant would have to go through immigration first.

All of you need to enter Australia by 14 Feb 2014.

It doesn't matter who goes first, or if you all go together.

No he doesn't have to go first - the 8502 conditions (which you dont have), just means that main applicant would have to go through immigration first.

All of you need to enter Australia by 14 Feb 2014.

It doesn't matter who goes first, or if you all go together.

Thanks for clearing that one up, just gives us a little bit more flexibility, thanks again