Salary Help

bookem1979

Hi there

Forgive my naivity here !

Have received a job offer in Australia as a transfer through my UK company.

How do I calculate my monthly take home pay ? I have looked at a salary calculation website which includes a super annuation payment, would this apply to me, a Brit in Australia ?

Thanks !

Yes, you have to pay 9% into superannuation. It is important to ask you employer whether the super is in addition to or part of the salary figure they have given you.

Hi - I am not an Accountant, and I expect one will come along soon to help you, but have you looked at the Australian Tax Office website (http://www.ato.gov.au) and used their income tax calculator?

In Oz, companies quote you a salary and then add the superannuation portion. The Super portion is 9% of your salary and that is what they deposit in your Super Account (a pension account). You don't get the 9% portion until you retire.

Hope this gives you some help.

Ah I see thank you. I am guessing it wont apply then as initially my post is a 12 month contract to which my company will continue paying into my UK pension.

So if I am calculating my take home salary, I should remove super annuation ?

Ah I see thank you. I am guessing it wont apply then as initially my post is a 12 month contract to which my company will continue paying into my UK pension.

So if I am calculating my take home salary, I should remove super annuation ?

You should ask your company :) If you're staying on the UK payroll, you'll be paid in GBP and taxed in the UK. If you show as employed in Australia superannuation needs to be deducted, for private companies this is from your salary package.

I will definitely be paid in AUD. I have asked about superannuation and it seemed to throw them, they are looking into it for me (I am the first person from our UK office to be transferred to Australia) so I am bit of a guinea pig for them.

I will definitely be paid in AUD. I have asked about superannuation and it seemed to throw them, they are looking into it for me (I am the first person from our UK office to be transferred to Australia) so I am bit of a guinea pig for them.

Isn't there an Australian office that will deal with your pay?

No, all handled by our London office, I will check this out next week

All you need to establish is the gross salary excluding super, some companies pay more than the 9% ie my company pays 15%. Take the Gross excluding super figure to the ATO website and you will find a calculation page to work out your net.

http://www.ato.gov.au

Othe personal items are required ie whether you have personal medical insurance (dependent on salary this reduces additional medical taxes)

Archived