How much are school fees on a temporary or student visa?

Guest angel659

Guest angel659

Hi

I am starting to think about moving out there on one of these visa's? Just until I have finished my studying for hairdressing on an intense course. Either in Brisbane or Perth.

How much are childrens school fees? I know that they wont be cheap considering its not a permenant visa? I have three children they are currently 8, 4 and 4.

Many thanks.

Guest Mrs Braveheart

Hi

depends where you are going. In WA I have just paid my sons school fees for the year which was $270 this is for High School and we are on a temp visa.

Janette

Guest angel659

where abouts in WA? We were thinking of Perth? There is a Perth Institution there?

If not I will have to train as a hairdresser before I go. Its just about getting all the skills that Australia wants is the hard thing.

Guest Mrs Braveheart

Hi

I am assuming it will be the same fees through out WA but not sure. We are SOR. I would also imagine primary school would be cheaper again not sure tho.

Janette

Temporary visas and student visas are two different things. As far as I can ascertain (after several minutes on the phone) if you are a self funded student then you will be paying full international fees for your child to attend school. If you are coming here, working and paying tax then you will be charged international fees under some jurisdictions but not others.

Guest Mrs Braveheart

Very true Quoll

I wouldn't have a clue with regards to fees on student visas. My fees for my son are on a 457 visa. I honestly thought they would be a lot more. I asked the question is that per term he said no thats for the year. Which I thought was good.

Janette

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Angel

My understandingof this is the same as Quoll's. Parents on Student Visas are International Students (hence the cost of teh CRICOS courses) and so are their children, hence the high school fees for their children.

It is one of the disadvantages of a Student visa, unfortunately. Janette (Mrs Braveheart) is on a subclass 457 visa at present so the situation is different for their son.

Best wishes

Gill

Archived