Kindle/Amazon

Tulip

I ordered mine from the US as you couldn't get them in Australia up until recently.

The only issue you get is that some books have copyrights on them that don't extend out side the US so you can't download them. Normally the ones I'm after naturally enough.

Can I still buy Kindle books from UK Amazon and have them delivered to my Kindle in Aus? Books are so expensive over there.

We have the one without the 3G and just the wifi connection. Connect through our router at home. As far as I know you can download books from any amazon site.

There are heaps of free ones around the internet too.

If you are finding books expensive a good place to get cheap ones is good sammy's or your local Salvation Army store. Our local one has a surprisingly good range of books and the shelves are very well looked after. Laid out like a library. Very cheap too, much cheaper than the second hand bookstores which are usually a rip off.

if you dont mind me asking, how do you pay for the US books, do you have a US credit card or a prepay card

thanks

Cal2

Just paid on Visa or pay pal. There was a page came up that gave you the price in Aus $ and you put in the credit card details and that was it. I think my wife has an account with them and just adds to it if she wants a book. I'm pretty sure I bought the kindle from the American website in the first place.

I buy a lot of stuff from wiggle in the UK and pay for that on Visa too.

Archived